“Wedding 14th August 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking & Free Wifi
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Wedding 14th August 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I cannot thank the hotel and all the staff for making my son's and daughter -in - law's wedding day a fantastic success. From the moment we entered the hotel to check in to our rooms to the moment we left the staff went out of their way to make this a memorable occasion.

The meal was outstanding - I can honestly say this was the best meal I have ever had at a wedding - the service smooth and the help given by the events co-ordinators to make sure everyone knew what to do just made everything run as you would wish.

The canapés served while photos were taken and the buffet at night were great and plentiful.

Rooms are beautiful and breakfast very welcome after a lively evening and a few sore heads.

If you are looking for a wedding venue make sure this is at the top of your list

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such a great time at your Son's recent wedding. It was with our pleasure that you all had such a memorable day and that all your guests had equally as good a time.

I will pass all your feedback onto the team at their weekly meeting and I am sure they will be equally delighted to hear you all had a great time.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Graham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We was up to the palm court 17/09/13 my we all had starters 3 bowls of lentil soup and duck patty all I can say is no one finished them. Mains I had serloin steak with pepper corn sc(for the price I paid not worth it) I come with 1/2 tomato some potatoes what just come out the microwave and the steak was grilled on one side and not done on the other ..grr .. 1 off my sons had the pork !! And asked for gravy instead of the normal sc what they was happy to do !! But the pork was dry and cremated not what we was expecting at all .. My wife and young done was happy enough with there's but said the wouldn't have it again one had fish and chips & the othere had chicken with haggis and bacon !! Then we was asked if we wanted desert With what we said yes but we watied so long for a member of the service team to come back we decided to go to the till and just pay and go £96 for a disappointment .. (What's going on palm court) you WAS one of the best !!

• Stayed September 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the Hotel . I am disappointed to learn that your experience within the Bothy was not to our usual high standards and I wish to offer my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This is by no means our normal standard we offer our within the hotel I would be be keen to discuss your concerns in more detail should you wish. I can be contacted on graham.urquhart@g1group.co.uk .

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to discussing your concerns is more details.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel is pretty nice - no real complaints on that front.

I booked the hotel and then realised that I could stay with my family but unfortunately I was told by the hotel staff that the money I had already paid (30 mins before) was non-refundable. So be very careful when making a reservation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. I note your comments with regards to your booking and I can advise that all online bookings when confirmed online, automatically engage in our cancellation policy. Our online cancellation policy is 48 hour prior to arrival as this is non negotiable with our online service provider. Our cancellation policy with all direct bookings however is 24 hours prior to arrival.

I trust this clarifies your query and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Up visiting family at the weekend and took the time to pop in by for some lunch.
Great food as always and i am very much looking forward to having our wedding at the Palm Court in August 2014.
Thanks Again
Gillian

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Morning Gillian

Hope you are well and thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal at the weekend and as always it was a pleasure having you with us here at the hotel. We are very much looking forward to hosting your wedding and i do hope you are enjoying all the preparations.

I am sure we will catch up plenty over the coming months but anything you require in the meantime, please be sure to get in touch.

Thank you once again for your review and all the very best.

With Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We were at a wedding on 7th September & the Palm Court were fantastic. The staff were excellent, the food delicious & the wedding went smoothly from start to finish. The feeling we got was that the hotel really cared that you enjoyed the food & you were having a good time & they really made sure the Bride & Groom had everything they needed & enjoyed their day. I would recommend anyone to have their wedding here.

• Stayed September 2013
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the Wedding on Saturday. It was myself that was looking after you on Saturday and it was such a pleasure. I am equally delighted that Aileen and Gavin had such a wonderful time and will have lifetime of memories.

I will pass your feedback onto the team at their weekly meetings and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had dinner here on 30th August 2013 for our anniversary as we got married at the hotel in 2011. Cannot fault the Palm Court - food is always delicious, great value for money as the portion sizes are spot on and the staff are always helpful & polite!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and many congratulations from all at the hotel on your recent anniversary . How does time fly and I hope you are both keeping well.

I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary meal and it was a pleasure looking after you both again. I will pass on your feedback to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was at a wedding , there was a Great welcome & excellent food, staff fussed about all day making sure all was well, anything not 100% was sorted, looked after numerous children, only down point was childrens main meals were a bit poor

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you had a great time at the wedding. We are indeed particularly busy with weddings and it is such a pleasure to have so many couples share there big day with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your meal and your children all had a great time also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Graham

Been to Palm Court Hotel? Share your experiences!