“Nice food and service with a smile” 4 of 5 stars

Palm Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Seafield Road, Aberdeen AB15 7YU, Scotland   |
Ranked #6 of 61 hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice food and service with a smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had funeral tea/buffet their, unfortunately, 3 times this year already. However, each funeral tea with buffet has been excellent. Great service with a smile too. Very nice selection with hot choc in addition to tea and coffee a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and it is most kind of you to take the time to post a review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I would like to pass on my wishes to you particularly having had to visit the hotel on 3 seperate occasions under the same circumstances. I am however pleased to note that you were looked after well on each occasion.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We held a party here for my wife's 50th birthday this April, we had a private room and had a meal with our family. The food was excellent and commented on by all our guests, the room also was commented on how nice it had been laid out and decorated. The staff were superb, catered to our needs and were very attentive. A good night was had by all and my wife and I would definitely recommend this first class venue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a great night here at the hotel on the occasion of your wife's birthday celebrations.

We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy the high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you all had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass on your feedback to the team later this week in the meeting and in the meantime thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We held our wedding here on 20 April and everyone of our guests commented on how fantastic the whole day was.

From the minute we met with Graham back in February 2012 to book the venue, right until the day of the event, the level of service we received was second to none.

I had every confidence that the whole day would go without a hitch as they certainly knew their stuff. On the actual day, Scott was absolutely brilliant in catering to our every need. In fact, he seemed to anticipate our needs before we even realised we were requiring it.

The food served on the day was sublime, everyone was so full up as the portions were huge. I was so full I couldn't even eat a morsel when the stovies and macaroni cheese were served later in the evening. Our guests all thoroughly enjoyed the stovies and commented that they are the best they have ever tasted.

The rooms are very comfortable and they even have a desk fan in them which helped keep me cool while I was getting ready for my big day.

The breakfast that was served in the morning was superb. There was everything you could want and more. Despite still feeling full from the night before, we all still managed to eat as there was such an array of delicious food.

If you are considering booking the Palm Court for a special event, I would highly recommend you book to see Graham or Scott as soon as possible because once you meet them, you will realise that you wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

You can easily see why they were voted Wedding Venue of the Year 2012.

A massive thank you to Scott, Graham and all their staff for making our wedding day a day for us to remember forever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and once again many congratulations on your recent marriage.

I am delighted you and all your guests had such a great day and everyone had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service first hand.

It was an absolute pleasure working with you both throughout the planning of your big day and it means so much to us knowing you had both such a memorable day

Once again thank you for your review and i would like to wish you both all the very best for the future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We held our wedding reception here on the 6th April. From helping organise everything to looking after us on our big day, we couldn't have asked for more. Graham and the staff were so attentive and our guests were so impressed with the hotel. The food was excellent, the wine flowed, and the day ran so smoothly. We couldn't have asked for more. It was just a perfect size for a reception, enough room for mixing without seeming crowded. I would recommend the Palm Court to any bride and groom looking for their venue.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and once again many congratulation on your recent marriage. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and I am delighted you had such a great day with us.

Your guests all had such a great time and I am equally delighted that they will remember your happy day so much also. We are very grateful for all the excellent feedback we have received from your guests also.

I will pass all your feedback onto the team and on behalf of everyone we would like to wish you all the very best for the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed one night for business. The rooms are good, nice bathrooms and everything you could want really. Clean and comfortable.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Food - well could do better I think. I had dinner (which arrived about 2 minutes after I ordered) which was OK. I

Breakfast - kind of OK. I asked if the Kipper was a fresh Kipper, told yes but definately a packet version. My colleague was disappointed with the porridge - expected the real scottish version.

Friendly place, nice atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel and you found the bedrooms to be comfortable and accommodating. I am also pleased to note you found the staff to be friendly and attentive and they looked after you throughout.

I note your feedback re your breakfast and i have passed these onto our chef for review.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kinver, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Probably the most attentive staff of any UK hotel we've ever stayed in. The food in the bistro was really very lovely.
I would advise however that if you are looking for an early / quiet night you check there isn't a wedding taking place or ask for a room that is away from the party.

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and i am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here the hotel. The team here at the hotel are such an asset to the hotel and we are so proud in the efforts they make in making sure that all our guests have such an enjoyable experience.

I will pass on your feed back to the team at their weekly meeting this week and in the meantime thank you again for your review and we looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Peterhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a family wedding and could not have been more impressed. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The food was excellent and they helped make the day perfect for everyone, including my 6 week old grandson. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel on the occasion of your family wedding.

It is always a pleasure to look after so many wedding couples and be part of such a memorable day for them.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Graham

Been to Palm Court Hotel? Share your experiences!