“Nice enough” 4 of 5 stars

Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #42 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here over Easter weekend. Were pleased with the welcome, all staff were pleasant. Breakfast was good also. Wifi was very intermittent (free only in bar area) but I witnessed a man complain and from what I could tell, he had paid for it. Thankfully we hadn't done but we had certainly considered it. Room looked out to brick wall about 5ft away so not much of a view. All in all it was fine for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Missmandarin, Thank you for reviewing your Easter weekend with us and I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards the wifi. However, our Platinum Club has free wifi throughout, and hopefully you will have the chance to stay there some time in the future.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the staff to them and they will be pleased to hear that.

Thanks again for your review.

Hemant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend for a weekend in Aberdeen. Overall I was satisfied with the service and quality of the hotel. Staff were friendly and we were made to feel genuinely welcome at check in. The cookies were fantastic. Our room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the leisure facilities which were excellent. The breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice. I felt a few things did let the hotel down though. Firstly, the drinks at the bar were really expensive so we left the hotel and had dinner elsewhere. Given that there is a lot of competition around I think the hotel needs to review its bar prices. Also, the lack of free Wi-Fi in rooms is disappointing because that's something I would expect as standard from a hotel in this price range. It wouldn't be so bad if the rate for Wi-Fi wasn't so ridiculous. The final thing that just let the hotel down a bit came at breakfast. We really enjoyed breakfast and the food was great, but the service lacked in some areas. For example, all around us people were being asked if they wanted more tea or coffee but we weren't and we had to ask. It might seem like a small thing, but I expect all guests to be offered the same level of service at all times.

Overall, this is a good hotel and I would stay here again, but it wouldn't be automatic. If I was coming back to Aberdeen I would probably consider alternatives and try them first so I have a comparison regarding value, amenities and service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear James A, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our team will be pleased to hear that you found them friendly. With regards your breakfast experience, I will forward your comments to our Restaurant Manager for him to investigate.

Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope we can be of service to you in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

For £70 a night I expected a bit more - at least breakfast or free wifi. Staff were very friendly but room left a lot to be desired. View was a brick wall and when curtains opened, people in corridor could look into our room. Wallpapering above headboard poorly finished. Reading light by bed didn't work. Toiletries from previous guest still left on bath by the shower. Walls are paper thin - could hear neighbours phone conversations, their TV and even their kettle boiling. Would definitely look somewhere else before staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear blackadder1st, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear of the issues in your room and apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I have passed on your comments with regards the toiletries to our Head Housekeeper for her to investigate. I have also shared you comments with our Maintenance Manager and he sends his apologies for the issues you raise in the room.

Thanks again for your feedback and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Platinum Club and thoroughly enjoyed a modern, comfortable and welcoming facility. The room was excellent and bed ever so comfortable, in fact you had to tear yourself away it was that comfy!
The staff were young, bright and very very friendly. Breakfast was really good.
The hotel is well appointed and within an easy walk to the beach and city centre.
We enjoyed the whole experience and will look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear George S, thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and intend to return to stay with us again. I will pass on your kind comments to the whole team who will be delighted to hear that. I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre.

Carluke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed in the Hilton double tree and I thought it was very good. The staff were really nice, there was a relaxing pool and sauna and the room was really high standard. It was in a really good location and the views from the window were pleasant as you could see the whole boulevard.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you breeboy14 for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the pool and sauna and that your room was of a high standard. I have passed on your comments to the staff also and they are delighted to hear that. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times through work and I must say it is a good hotel with very friendly staff, but the only fault is the wi-fi situation, they will give you a password to free wi-fi for three hours only if you sit in the atrium/ reception area.... They charge you ridiculous rates if you want wi-fi in your room, come on its 2014 for gods sake, if smaller hotels can give you free wi-fi why can't you?, I have work colleagues who won't stay here because of this, lost revenue I think...

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear davidheather40 thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and I will share your comments with them.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the wifi. Unfortunately this is typical of most 4-star hotel and I apologise if we let you down. However, we do have free wifi for our guests who stay in the Platinum Club and also our Gold and Diamond Hilton HHonors members.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very enjoyable experience ,best value hotel in Aberdeen by far must be the only hotel of this quality that still has free parking. lovely location down near the beach and only a 10 min walk from the city centre.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear John D, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and I thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Hemant

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre? Share your experiences!