“Delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very attentive staff, delicious food and they take taste card. I was there this evening for my mothers birthday and i had the himillian lamb very flavoursome. I will return!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Favourite Restaurant in Aberdeen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have now visited this restaurant a good 20 to 30 times with my girlfriend and I can honestly say that each and every time we have found it outstanding. There is nowhere else in Aberdeen where I have had a better curry.

I usually go for a medium to hot dish with my girlfriend more keen on a milder dish so we often seem to end up going for the everest chicken and the mayalu chicken. Without fail the meat is tender and full of flavour and the sauces are always prepared to an excellent standard, rich and full of flavour.

The rice is always served steaming hot and my girlfriend often opts for the coconut rice which is wonderfully fragrant. We usually have a garlic naan which is always excellent; perfectly flavoured with a great balance of fluffyness and crispness.

Our drinks are also consistently well served. I find that the large 660ml bottle of Cobra beer is always served ice cold and washes down my food nicely.

For the quality of food the price is very fair. I wouldn't go so far to say it is cheap but it is excellent value for money when you consider the quality of food on offer.

There is plenty free parking nearby the restaurant on Palmerston Road and around the old fish market and if you can't get a space you can always park for a pound after 6pm at Union Square.

The service is always excellent as well with the staff never being too over the top but always very warm, friendly and efficient.

To round off the review I'll say that possibly the best thing about this restaurant is the attention to detail. Even the small things like the clarity of the menu, the cleanliness of the cutlery and crockery, the cleanliness of the bathrooms, the quality of poppadoms and the condiments and the temperature in the restaurant are always spot on. As you can probably tell I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
aberdeen, scotland
“a real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

my wife and I tried this place for the first time on Saturday, having driven past it many times we thought we'd give Gurkha chef a try. as others have said it's not much to look at from the outside and the inside is rather drab, but forget all that because the service and food are excellent. we went for 2 Nepalese main courses, rice and bread plus a drink each and the bill was only £31. incredible value for the quality of the food.
I would happily recommend this to anyone, if you like Indian style food, you'll like this place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

11 of us enjoyed every bit of food on our plates at this wee hidden gem. Can't wait until our next visit. Good value as well, drinks,. starters, mains, sides and coffees or teas all at £26.00 a head.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is not the easiest restaurant to find. Although it is near one of the main shopping centres (Union Square), it needs to be tracked down. TIP - there are really cheap parking facilities in the evenings at Union Square. Because there are so many eating places in the Square it is easy to overlook this one. We were given a very warm welcome and found the home cooked food to be excellent. The premises themselves are very clean and unpretentious. I would go back if I had the opportunity.

Visited November 2011