“OK hotel, too expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

You added Jurys Inn Aberdeen to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guild Street, Union Square, Aberdeen AB11 5RG, Scotland   |
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stavanger, Norway
“OK hotel, too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

OK to stay at, but you expect more for the price. The location is great, close to all commodities, and inside a shopping center. The breakfast is good, not thrilling. The rooms are rather clean, bed is comfortable. The bathroom is rather old, the air conditionned did not work very well, I found hair in the towels. There is also no power socket in the bathroom, which is annoying for shaving. All in all, small things but once again, for the price you expect it perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent visit to us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I’m very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. If you would be able to contact me on the below email address I would be very grateful.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had another fantastic weekend stay on the 17th & 18th January for myself and my sisters' birthdays,we were welcomed on our arrival by James (lovely chap),we were upgraded to the 7th floor and had hardly got our coats of when managment had sent up a Bottle of Champagne on ice for our birthday plus complimentary drinks voucher to be used in the bar,very nice touch indeed, have stayed here many times and find the staff and the facilities faultless,it really surprises me that some would complain because they had to make their own toast at breakfast,it clearly states when booking that it is a self service buffet,also as someone stated if you had to pay it was not worth £10 they must be deluded.....where can you have a breakfast as big as is available in the Jurys and eat as much as you wish with a glass of Bucks Fizz or a Bloody Mary or both if you wish remember you help yourself to these drinks so they are as big as you want them to be and they say not worth £10..........yes you may find cheaper but you won,t find much better than the Jurys Inn......gets my vote every time i,m back in the DEEN.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It was great to see you all again and I am looking forward to welcoming you all back again in the near future.

When you are looking to return to us again please do let me know as I would like to look after your booking.

Pitlochry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My sisters and I have just returned from another great stay at this hotel. We were on the 7th floor with great views over the town. The rooms are spotless and the beds are a dream! I fact the hotel is immaculate in all areas. Breakfast is amazing (maybe missing a local buttery!) but seriously, they do serve a good breakfast. Even champagne/orange juice and vodka/tomato juice for those who care to partake in the morning!!
The asset to this hotel has to be the staff, they are a smashing bunch, they go out of their way to make your stay a good one. Nothing is a bother for any of them.
Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are always so happy to welcome you all back and delighted that you had another great stay with us. As I have said many times before we really do have a great team here who go out of their way to ensure guests satisfaction. In fact our company vision is ‘exceeding expectations, by delivering outstanding results through exceptional people’ and this is something that we all buy into at Aberdeen.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night recently. I had phoned ahead to ask for a bottle of wine in our room on arrival as it was my husbands birthday, when we arrived we had also been upgraded for free to an executive room, nice touch. Staff all very friendly and helpful.

Room was lovely, very clean and there was a paper, still and sparkling water, biscuits and good tea and coffee facilities, we were also given vouchers for a free drink in the bar :)

We were on the top floor, very quiet and nice view of the harbour/sea.

Breakfast was good, champagne also included which was a nice touch, my only suggestion would be maybe a bit more of a Scottish breakfast ie. tattie scones and butteries would be nice but other than that our stay was perfect, thank you!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted that we were able to match what would be a very special occasion by doing a little bit on our side. The team here are all very going at going that extra bit for our guests.

When you are looking to return to us again please do let me know as I would love to introduce myself to you and also arrange for an upgraded room again.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times when travelling. The location is brilliant with it being in the middle of Union Square, a shopping centre with lots of decent restaurants. It is bang in the middle of the bus and train station, including the airport bus. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The staff are helpful when help is needed. During our last stay, the heating was not working. We called reception and it was sorted within 10 minutes.

The breakfast was decent for this type of hotel.
One of the less favourable reviews described it as a soul-less place. It's a great place to stay if you are passing through, on business or for a weekend shopping in Aberdeen. If he wants character and luxury, then he should go somewhere else and pay for it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay with us here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen, and also thank you for commenting on a previous less favourable review. We try to cater for a varied rage of travellers.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would like to look after your booking personally and arrange a complimentary upgrade. I would also like to get you a drink in our bar on your next visit so please do let me know.

East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The benefits of the Jury's Inn are obvious to anyone arriving by train! You do not even need to leave the station buildings, really. Straight into Union Square Shopping Centre and one floor up in the lift; not well signposted, though, so you need to keep your eyes peeled for the small "hotel" signs around the station exit.
What is not so obvious, however, is one of the down sides of the hotel which is that the rooms to the rear of the building face over the flat roof of the shopping mall. Now whilst that means that they face south and give a remarkable view of dawn rising over Aberdeen Harbour, it also means that they face out across a whole host of air-conditioning and heat exchange units that serve the premises in Union Square. On a night the last of the main units appears to shut off at about 2330hrs but a couple of the smaller ones keep going all night and some of them kick off again at about 0730hrs in the a/m.
Now, a lot of folks will not be bothered by them but I am a light sleeper and although I was on the sixth floor they were a bit of a pain as far as I was concerned and my first night's sleep was bad as a result. Nonetheless, the staff of Jury's wee great. The hotel was not busy and they moved me to the a room at the front without hesitation and even offered assistance to shift my gear, which I manfully declined! That room was much quieter and gave lovely views across teh roofs of the Granite City.
I must emphasise that I am not complaining about this situation; it is a matter of fact given the design of the building and probably bothers very few of the guests that stay at this hotel. As ever with Jury's, in my experience, the bedrooms were fine and the staff were superb. Breakfast is good but I would not have wanted to pay £10.95 for it as a separate item. Free wifi and courteous, helpful service in a hotel that is ideally situated for the train station and city centre. Certainly somewhere I shall stay again but in my case I will order a room at the front of the hotel when booking. By Aberdeen standards, the cost was OK (£134 for the Thursday night; £70 for the Friday night) and there are a host of places to eat in Union Square and a lot of good pubs and restaurants within ten minutes walk.
I will stay there again. I have rated the sleep quality as "poor" but that only relates to my first night and I have explained that my views may be idiosyncratic; other folks may not be so bothered by the aircon noise.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room facing onto the main street, preferably on a higher floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your stay with us here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I wish to inform you that we are in talks with Union Square regarding the noise issue that you experienced whilst staying with us. On a more positive note I was delighted to read all of your positive comments regarding the team, cleanliness and the location.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would like to look after your booking personally and arrange a complimentary upgrade and a room on the front of the building.

Alexandria, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on Christmas night as our son was working in Aberdeen and we wanted to spend christmas with him. Booked a family room as there was 3 of us and it was very nice. Room was freezing when we went in which was not so good. Managed to get heating working after noticing window was open and that was one of the reasons room was not heating up. Bathroom was freezing, they could do with a heated towel rail or radiator in the bathroom. Breafast next day was ok, nothing to write home about. Location of hotel was great, right next to Union Square Shopping Centre, bus and train station and was only 5 minutes away from where our son was working.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on the recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the team here and they were all very happy with them.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen please let me know and I will be delighted to look after your booking personally.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Been to Jurys Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!