“Quick lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Save Saved
You added Jurys Inn Aberdeen to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guild Street, Union Square, Aberdeen AB11 5RG, Scotland   |
Ranked #13 of 61 hotels in Aberdeen
Ellon, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Quick visit for weekend lunch while shopping, handily located next to Union Square centre, so a little less busy than the other eating venues nearby, but still quite popular. Good food, quick service and good value.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent lunch stop with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to read your comments and have shared them with the team.

When you are next in for some lunch or drinks please let me know as I would like to introduce myself to you.

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Inverness
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location in the centre of town with parking nearby and handy for the Union Square shopping mall with loads of restaurants, a cinema, etc. nothing fancy but good value, free wi-if is a nice touch which others in Aberdeen should adopt

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

When you are looking to return to us please contact me directly as I would be like to look after your booking personally.

Arbroath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had a very enjoyable weekend in Aberdeen staying at The Jury's Inn. We saw a great show in the theatre, lots of shopping and took in a movie too. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed good food and drink. Love sitting in the bar watching the world go by with a glass of wine (or two or three). Thank you to Philip, Deputy Manager and Michael, Duty Manager, for going out of their way to make our stay so enjoyable. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I can tell you that both myself and Michael were delighted by reading our names in such a positive way. Clearly we had to share your comments with the team.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen as I would also personally like to look after your booking. Thank you once again for your comments.

Deputy General Manager.
Insch, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My Husband and I stayed for one night as we fancied a days shopping in Aberdeen and a meal out in the evening. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, but the bathroom was on the small side and there was some mould around the bath but apart from that the room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was £10.95 which we thought was a bit pricey. We had a look but the selection was not that great and went somewhere in Union Square which was a lot cheaper!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on the recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have passed your comments onto the team who I will agree with you are all very friendly. And I would also like to apologise regarding the bathroom. I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping team and the will resolve the issue.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen please let me know as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed at the Jurys Inn when visiting Aberdeen and on both occasions i have had a very pleasant experience.
Check-in is very straight forward, minimal amount of bits to fill in (assuming you have pre-booked) and just a couple of signatures required. We arrived early on both occasions and staff were very pleasant and accommodating, allowing us access to our room over an hour before the stipulated check-in time.
The rooms were comfortable, with everything you would require for a short stay - a small wardrobe space, ironing facilities, tea and coffee and a television. The staff at reception can provide you with a wi-fi code if required at check-in. The bathrooms were also nice, although showers aren't the most powerful i've felt. Complimentary toiletries are also provided, which is again, useful for shorter stays. The view from our window both times we have stayed hasn't been the most inspiring (looking out over the lower roofs of the shopping centre) however it's location isn't the most scenic, so if this is something you're after, look elsewhere.

The beds are comfortable and i was pleased to note extra pillows were provided!

We had a wedding on the evening of our stay, returning to the hotel late at night. Access at this time is via a small door leading to the lifts at the side of the building. We were familiar with this as we had used it on our last stay - but we weren't informed by staff on check-in that we would require to use this entrance after a certain time. Just worth noting! There is a security guard who will buzz you in and check your booking details before you return to your room.

We didn't have breakfast included in this stay but chose to pay following our experience on our last visit. The breakfast provides a variety of continental options - pastries, toast, preserves, fruit, cereals etc with fresh fruit juice, coffee, tea etc all available via self service machines. There is also a self-service cooked breakfast which was nice enough (and needed after the night before!). This time we also noted that they had a make your own bucks fizz or bloody mary bar too, which was a fun idea and included in the £10.95 fee.

Check-out is nice and late, meaning we didn't have to spend our morning wandering around before our train home. Check-out was via an express check-out box which you simple drop your key cards in.

All in all, this hotel ticks all the right boxes and i will continue returning when i visit friends up north. Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were well proportioned and comfortable. However, we did only pay £65 each time - i saw some websites and dates were prices at up to £112 and i'm not sure i would pay this for a one-night stay at a chain hotel. It's also worth noting that parking is quite expensive if you are staying overnight as this is provided by the centre's car park. We ended up opting for the train up from Edinburgh as the petrol and parking costs would have been more!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted by reading it and have passed your comments on to the team. I will ensure that our staff are communicating the entrance to the hotel in the evening on arrival going forward to help eliminate confusion with future guests.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen as I would like to upgrade you to one of our rooms with a better view over the city. I would also personally like to look after your booking. Thank you once again for your comments.

Deputy General Manager.
Near Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights the weekend past,

As a frequent traveler through both lesuire and work I was a little apprehensive about what to expect ,

We arrived sharp at check in time on the Friday, but rooms were still getting ready, so they took our bags and we went for a walk around the Union Square centre and returned at 3pm to check in.

Rooms were as you would expect size wise for the price, they were semi modern, clean, and plenty of in room equipment, iron, board, towels, kettle and so on. We were on the 5th floor so go a nice view over Aberdeen and the historical granite buildings and houses.

They do a later breakfast at the weekend till 1130am, which I thought was great, can be lazy in the morning from the night before, and still have plenty time to have a hearty, or healthy breakfast,

The hotel bar, was large, and enjoyable, if not a little slow in service at the bar, but we were in no rush, but I did observe a couple of customers leave due to the time to get a drink, an xtra bar tender at busy times would be an advantage.

We paid £160 for 2 night, breakfast included, weekend rate.

Would I go back, yes I would. very much so. And this is from someone who is very demanding when it comes to hotel stays... :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was happy to read all your positive comments regarding your stay. I have also passed your comments on to the bar manager who will address this with the team and staffing requirements also.

When you are looking to return to us please contact me directly as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am so grateful for the staff for making me feel so at home during my week at Jury's Inn, Aberdeen. The location was so central and convenient to get everywhere. I cannot stress enough how helpful, warm and accommodating the staff were throughout the hotel. Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on the recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I’m so happy that the team have made you feel so at home and we are all looking forward to your next arrival.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Been to Jurys Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!