“Lovely contemporary restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1224 652959
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fusion Bar and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 514 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: With its city centre location the restaurant is fully accessible through a wide range of public transport.
Description: In the heart of the city centre sits Fusion Bar + Bistro, striking and contemporary in appearance it offers diners a range of eclectic dishes freshly prepared using only the finest ingredients. With imagination and a palette for creating balance, the chefs strive to push the boundaries and deliver exceptional quality food, through an evening menu which is updated monthly and a frequently changing Lunch/Early Supper menu. Our wines, beers and specialty cocktails are selected from around the world and offer the perfect accompaniment to any dish. Coupled with attentive and professional service, it combines to make Fusion Bar + Bistro a 'must do' dining experience.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely contemporary restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visited for an evening meal as a couple. Fusion has a lovely contemporary décor which is very fresh and inviting. The restaurant is divided into sections with a slightly different theme, we were on the ground floor near the bar partition. This was not an issue as the partition is tastefully done and the bar doesn't seem very busy.

The food itself was fantastic. I had the special fillet steak with Peppercorn sauce, the steak was good but the sauce was off the charts! Superb. The starters and deserts were equally as good as the main meal with both myself and girlfriend really enjoying the meal. Drinks selection is vast and the cocktails are absolutely fantastic. Waiting staff were first class, super friendly, knowledgeable and inviting.

My only criticism is that Fusion does have a slightly high price point which puts them in class with good competition. It should be noted that I am not saying they are over priced but at this price going there is potential room to offer more value.

However, I would still recommend anyone to sample this fantastic restaurant. Excellent.

AJ

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fusionbarbistro, Manager at Fusion Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Fusion.

Your kind words regarding all the aspects of your visit are very much appreciated, and really gives us confidence in the menu content, food style and service that we offer at Fusion.

It sounds as though you were here at the end of last month, so maybe we will see you again soon to sample the June menu?!!

Thanks again

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent first visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here last week for the first time. Was in a great location and easy to find. The restaurant was really nice and stylish inside. Had a couple drinks at the bar area before dinner, nice at relaxing sitting there with a wide choice of drinks.
Was good to see a menu that is changed monthly, lots of tasty sounding options. I had the carpaccio of beef and my girlfriend had terrine to start which were both delicious and a good size.
For mains my girlfriend had the trout which was on the menu that night as the normal fish wasn't available but the trout was really well cooked and tasted delicious. I had the braised lamb neck which was one of the best lamb dishes I have tasted. Great taste and combination and a hint of Moroccan. Would definitely have it again.
The puddings were very tasty too, I had the rhubarb and custard tart, not a normal choice I would have but liked the sound of the lemongrass ice cream that came with it. The tart was really good and ice cream was excellent and very refreshing.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and provided great service.
Would definitely eat here again. The only slight negative is the 11.5% service charge that is added. I don't mind tipping for good service but not keen when it is added automatically.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Fusion.

It is very encouraging to hear that you had such a positive experience, especially as you were dining off our new June menu.

The service charge is only a suggested service charge, and we would be more than happy to remove it from the bill on your next visit (hopefully in the not too distant future!).

Thanks again for your kind words, and we hope to see you again soon.
Scotland
“A lovely chilled-out lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had been to Fusion once before for a date and it was very classy and grown-up. When I was told that a family birthday lunch had been booked for the same venue, the invitation extending to my two-year-old, I was a bit nervous! However I need not have worried. When the table was booked, Fusion were advised that a toddler would be joining the party… and they offered to cook a meal of our choice for her, since they did not have a children's menu (I didn't expect them to have one!) We asked for chicken, peas and mash and were told that would be no trouble at all.

Fusion in the daytime feels very different to night time. It has a more chilled-out vibe and menu and there were other families also eating together. A high chair was ready waiting for my daughter, and I had brought some bits and pieces along to occupy her. Everyone's meal looked amazing in our group. I had tender juicy steak, my husband had lighter-than-air fish and chips, and I kind of wanted to steal my daughter's chicken, peas and mash - it looked lovely, and she polished it off in no time. Dessert was equally great.

The staff were really friendly and gave a warm welcome. Service was prompt but without feeling rushed. I would definitely go back for a special occasion lunch here!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We live in the Orkney s and have visited this lovely restaurant several times and have never been disappointed.
We love to eat in great places and have sampled raymond blanc , ric stein, nick nairn and stephen bulmer this year all who have been great. We rate fusion as being as enjoyable as all of the above and superb value.
The desert I had tonight was one of the best I have tasted. My recommendation , let the boys choose you a desert wine ...mine was fab..
anybody who gives this place a bad review had obviously just had a bad day!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very good as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Second time I've visited Fusion and felt compelled to leave a review after seeing the two most recent negative one's. The experience these people have had is certainly not typical of what I've experienced whilst dining here, which has always been excellent.

The restaurant itself is first class, the location is great, the décor is tasteful and the staff are unfailingly helpful and nice. The wine and general alcohol selection is also first class.

The only thing that stopped this being another 5 star review is the somewhat inconsistencies with regards to the food. On the whole it is absolutely beautiful, well presented, flavoursome and cooked excellently. However the only quibble is that there can be disparity with regards to the portion sizes. Last trip my dining partner was given a beautiful and generous helping of the lamb, whereas the course that I selected was substantially smaller. This is not a major gripe as has been mentioned the menu changes every month.

I would 100% recommend giving this restaurant a try.

• Visited April 2014