“Good hotel let down by breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition

You added Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parkway East | Bridge of Don, Aberdeen AB23 8AJ, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Good hotel let down by breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here on business and was very impressed with the service and the room. The night light in the bathroom is a nice idea.
Parking is excellent and free!

The breakfast is quite poor in comparison to similar hotels. The cooked breakfast was a self service tray of scrambled eggs, beans and hundreds of sausages. All of which were only ok. I was looking forward to a large cooked breakfast with all the usual trimmings. Also, as I travelled back and forth from the self service area my table was cleared of items from my first trip, completely unused. Machined coffee is never any good either.
It's is only good If you are in a hurry, but there was no other choice.
If you are going to entice more oil workers to the hotel, you need to get the breakfast right. We like our food.

Staff were helpful and polite.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Sharkx,

Thank you for taking the time to write review of you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff and amenities to your satisfaction.
However I am sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast. As we are part of the IHG Holiday Inn Express branded hotel group we have to provide the breakfast to the brand standard laid down by IHG. I appreciate your feedback on the breakfast provided, and will certainly pass on your comments to IHG.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us whilst in Aberdeen.

Jim Thomson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Lockerbie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Overall very nice hotel and staff were really friendly. About £8 in a cab to the centre of Aberdeen. Lovely city. The only thing I would say about the room would be that the beds were a tad uncomfortable and also the coffee they provide is not very nice!! Apart from that great location. Lovely clean rooms and I would defiantly stay again

• Stayed December 2013
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear debbienali.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would certainly returned to us.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the coffee and bed in your room . I am sorry that you did not find the beds comfortable or the coffee to your liking.

Once again thank you for writing your review and for your feedback .
I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Get in early for breakfast or everything gone, then to get anything cooked takes ages. Unacceptable. One lift goes down from the rooms to the car parking underneath, so make sure your'e in the correct lift. We got stuck, pushed the emergency button, but no response and eventually managed to get the doors open ourselves. What a hassle.The hotel is about 4 miles out of Aberdeen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
aeccexpress, Deputy Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Jeffcam1415

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you felt breakfast was not replenished quickly enough. We strive to ensure that we keep on top of this the most important meal of the day and can only apologise if we did not replenish the dishes quickly enough.
I am deeply sorry that you experienced issues with the lift operation in the hotel. I apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us and can assure you that your comments from your experience with the lifts have been taken on-board and are being reviewed to ensure the issues you identified are not experienced by any other guest.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back

Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

£55 pound for the night with free parking in Aberdeen was ideal for a nights stay. We parked the car at the hotel and took the bus to the city centre which is ten minutes away by bus. The room was clean and had all the mod cons and the breakfast was fine too. Cant complain.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dooug46

I am delighted you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel again.

I am very pleased to hear that you found every thing to your satisfaction and that you found the park and ride bus service located out side the hotel, good for getting into the city.
It saves the hassle and cost of trying to get a parking space in the city centre.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Peterhead , Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

On the weekend before Christmas my wife and I attended my works dinner and dance at the AECC which happens to be less than a minutes walk away from the hotel. We have used this chain several times over the years and have always found them to be warm, clean and welcoming.
For a single night stay this hotel was perfect for our requirements with a limited hot breakfast and varied continental one being available in the morning for residents.
Add to the fact that the park and ride bus service stops directly outside which takes you very quickly into the centre of Aberdeen where we got the finishing touches for Christmas Day.
We would most certainly use this hotel again if we had a function in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Skiboy_Roberston

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your stay. I am really pleased to hear that you where well looked after and found the location great for the dinner dance that you recently attended.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay and I hope we will be able to welcome back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my first visit to this Holiday Inn Express, on previous visits I have stayed at the Holiday Inn situated next door but fancied a change.

There is plenty of parking available both under the building and on the upper level next to reception which is easily accessible from either car park.

The reception and bar areas are combined and are bright and modern. When checking in a friendly welcome was offered and the process was very quick. I was advised that I had been allocated a room with a land view and was asked if I would like it to be swapped.

Upstairs the room itself was the standard Holiday Inn Express design which was modern and very well maintained. The room had been thoroughly cleaned and was in very good condition. The bed was comfortable and I had a decent nights sleep with no disturbances or excessive noise.

I had a few drinks in the bar at night and found it to be comfortable and relaxing whilst a limited range of food is available, although Express guests are also welcome to use the restaurant in the Holiday Inn next door - if visiting on a Sunday night the Carvery is recommended.

The standard inclusive Holiday Inn Express breakfast is available in the morning, whilst it's not the best breakfast in the world it's decent enough, although the juice could be much better but that is a brand issue rather than location.

Checkout in the morning was quick and hassle free and I was thanked for visiting and wished a safe journey home on departure.

Finally thanks to the hotel management. When booking there was an issue with the reservation and I contacted IHG Care and this was followed up first thing the following morning by the hotel management to ensure that my reservation details were accurate.

I'd happily return to this hotel in the future and would also recommend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Chris M,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express AECC.
I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything meet your needs. I am also pleased to hear that we resolved your booking issue promptly for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours sincerely

Kinross, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night whilst attending a meeting. Not as good as would normally be expected for a HI Express. Room was clean and everything looked okay. Room was initially very cold but warmed up eventually. Shower tray leaked, water in shower struggled to warm up to tepid! The boiler was faulty apparently. Breakfast was average, I've had better in the same chain.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Benthespaniel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express AECC.

I am sorry that we have not lived up to your past experiences of Holiday Inn Express Hotels on this occasion. As you have indicated we unfortunately had an issue with the main hot water boilers for the hotel on the morning of your stay and I am deeply sorry that this has impacted your overall stay with us. Please be assured that this was an isolated incident and was dealt with promptly once we had identified the issue.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay

Jim Thomson

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition? Share your experiences!