“A hidden gem in Ireland!” 5 of 5 stars

The Laurels Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Laurel Road, Omagh BT785DH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Omagh B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in Ireland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was my 1st time in Ireland and my 1st time staying in a B&B so I was apprehensive as I usually go to hotels but as soon as i drove up to the Laurels lodge my fears were squashed.

The pictures are not deceiving, they are genuine and yes they really do have a pool table and a hot tub!

My room was immaculate, comfortable and simple just what I needed.

The bed was so comfortable, and the room consisted of a decent sized wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bed side tables.

There were also free wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities, and a nice lil TV that never got used as I was always out but the en-suite bathroom did and that was more than I expected! It was well tiled had a nice power shower, toilet and even a velux window letting in natural light.

As for owners Bill and Joyce, I have never met more friendly / welcoming people they really set the tone for my vacation with good conversation, recommendations and hospitality that was above and beyond what I expected.

My breakfast was sumptuous even though I went for the healthy option I was filled up way beyond lunch mainly because Bill instead I had a "wee bit of ham" with my toast, not only a good call but very tasty!

My view of B&B's has totally changed and I was lucky to find such a great B&B at an amazing price. 10/10 in my book!

P.S. I even spied a karaoke machine near the pool table for the brave and bold!

Room Tip: The area of Omagh has a good selection of B&B's as they are more in the countryside so price...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed in the Laurels recently with my girlfriend. I have to say, it was an absolute joy. The location is about 3 miles from Omagh town centre, about 1 mile of that down an idyllic country road with farms and sheep and lambs and cows! the B&B itself had loads of parking room. The access was via your own private side door, so you could come and go whenever you pleased. The room was really big, with a kingsize bed and dressing table, bedside lockers, wardrobe. plus tea and coffee facilities. And the breakfasts every morning were made to order and were superb! i stayed for 8 days and every single breakfast was cooked perfectly!

in addition, the B&B has excellent wifi included, as well as a big communal lounge/dining area, with a large flat-screen TV and even a pool table!

Finally, Bill & Joyce were so friendly and helpful and so pleasant, they really were the icing on the cake!

one final thing, i would advise anyone to go to their website and book directly with them - booking.com was charging me nearly £150 more than Bill & Joyce were charging!!

Room Tip: They seem to have lots of options if needed, such as twin rooms, single beds etc. just contact them...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Bill and Joyce are the fun and friendly hosts at this clean, cozy and charming place. The house is down an idyllic country road. The rooms are spacious (thick carpet and comfortable armchairs), the bathrooms modern (strong shower, heated towel rack), and the breakfasts excellent. I am depressed that this was the only place in all of Ireland where I was served potato bread. It was fantastic - I thought it would be available in other places, but sadly no. Joyce, please send me the recipe!

Room Tip: Room #3 (I think?) had two twin beds, and faced the front of the house, overlooking pretty farmland...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed in many places throughout Ireland last November, but Bill and Joyce's home was the best. Immaculately clean, delicious breakfast, wonderful conversations... they really know how to run a B&B. They are so kind and make you feel right at home! When my father and I arrived early before our room was ready, they brought us a fresh pot of coffee and scones within seconds - very thoughtful. When I return to the Omagh area in the future, I will only stay at the Laurels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Skelton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This excellent accommodation is of the highest standard. The attention to detail is second to none. Bill and Joyce run an exceptional establishment and nothing is too much trouble to them. They both put a lot of effort into making our stay very comfortable which was really appreciated especially Joyce's fruit salad at breakfast! Would we stay again? absolutely!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

If you are in the Omagh area or anywhere around Tyrone make sure you stay at The Laurels. Very comfortable accommodation in the peace and quiet of the countryside. Facilities are first class, good-sized rooms, great bathrooms, ample parking, lovely breakfast. But the best part of The Laurels are the owners themselves - nothing is too much trouble and they are friendliness itself. They take any minor problems very seriously and get them sorted without any fuss. Superb value for money in every respect. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Readng
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed at this excellent establishment as part of tour of the whole country. Sadly I was only there one night as it was the most comfortable, modern, well-equipped, pristine and welcoming of the 5 or so places I lodged at. I was alone yet had a massive room with sofa as well as table and chair as I recall. All newly done out and in immaculate condition, as well as v smart en-suite of course. Breakfast was excellent and there was good parking. Joyce & Bill were very welcoming and amiable and as the title states Bill fixed my car so I could proceed on the next day. Top place - couldn't recommend more. Thanks!
Oh and very reasonable proiced too....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Laurels Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!