“Exellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel

You added Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Culmore Road, Derry BT48 8JB, Northern Ireland (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Exellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have just spent a long weekend in this hotel while the Jazz Festival was on and it was absolutely brilliant . The staff are class the room was lovely and spacious very clean and fresh.
The entertainment was second to none , and so are the bar staff.
The food was good too . We will be back , I really recommend this hotel for all ages.

Room Tip: I was on the 4rth floor , if the bands or entertainment is on it may be a bit noisy on the lower flo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear ‘maggiemccrory’,
You picked a great time to visit Derry and I am glad you had such a great time. The Jazz Festival is one of my favourite it is my own personal favourite time of the year and there is a great atmosphere about the city and our hotel. Our guests are luck as we are one of the main venues for artists to perform during the annual Jazz and Big Band Festival and this year we had an amazing line up. I would recommend if you are looking to come back next year during the festival to book soon as many guests pre-book for that festival a year in advance. This year Derry is UK City of Culture and there are lots of great events/festivals taking place throughout the year, so I hope you find an excuse in the extensive event calendar to come and stay with us again soon!
With Kindest Regards,
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel prior to a concert visit to the Millennium Forum. I would especially like to praise the hotel staff, and the manner in which they make you feel welcome. We were met at check-in by probably the most pleasant girl, called Emma, that we have come in contact with in any of our visits to many hotels. She could not do enough. She very quickly checked us into our rooms, as time was not on our side and we were quite concerned as to where we could eat, and how we could get to the Forum on time for the concert. She completely took over, ringing the Forum firstly and booking us in for dinner, then phoning a taxi and organising transportation to the venue. The next morning, she even asked us about the concert, how we had enjoyed it, if we had enjoyed the meal in the Forum, which incidentially was excellent, and really made us feel like we were important to her. The hotel was faultless, the breakfast was excellent, they went out of their way to make you feel comfortable, the rooms were spacious, clean and very up to date. The bathroom was well furbished, with the most fantastic shower, almost massaged as it washed :-) All in all, this was a really fantastic experience, thankyou to Da Vinci's Hotel and their lovely staff, we will certainly recommend the hotel to our friends, and we will be back again ourselves

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Trevosky’,
Thank you for this glowing review and I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience. It is very encouraging for us that Emma, our receptionist impacted your stay so positively. We are lucky to have a great team and I appreciate you taking the time to highlight Emma’s assistance during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Take care,
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Staiyed wekend in April 2013 at Hotel. Staff very helpful, hotel spotless and there was a great life about he hotel. Bar area with food was very nice but very busy. saturday night there were two different nightclub / disco area with a lot of people not staying in the hotel present. Breakfast was great and restraunt at night was also excellent. Hotel is not the place for someone looking for quite weekend but athomosphere was good and not too noisy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Dub Jim’,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our facilities, food and staff so impressive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Lurgan, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for a brilliant nite at our hen party on Saturday, the girls had a ball! Brilliant friendly service from all the staff, we were made to feel so welcome! Rooms, food and nite life were first class......will definitely recommend you to everybody, brilliant hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Katrina H’,
It is lovely to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ballyclare, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

first time we have went to Londonderry the hotel were able to book us a room last minute, the room was lovely very clean, the staff at the hotel were always friendly, very great value for money and the food was delicious, the breakfast the next morning was great lovely hot food and plenty to choose from. Can't wait to return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear ‘Pam M’,
Thank you for posting such a kind review of our property, I am especially pleased about your comments regarding our staff and facilities. We pride ourselves most on providing engaging and anticipatory service and on always exceeding our guest’s expectations. We hope to see you soon.
Ramada Da Vinci’s Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We (My Dad and I) and were recommended This hotel while visiting Derry, Northern Ireland. we found its location to be Ideal.y situated to everything Derry has to offer....with being "The City of Culture" the city is springing up and very lively. The dining and night life and Pubs on Property were all Top Notch....The staff at arrival and again on departure were incredibly freindly, If we shall find ourselves in Derry again in the near future ....we both agree we would stay here.

Room Tip: The area has a few shops such as a pharmacy and a few items which if you were feeling home sick migh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘617DSargent’,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Da Vinci’s Hotel, it is always a pleasure to read positive comments from our guests. We value every guest that comes to stay at the hotel and I am delighted that you and your father enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had decided to spend new year in da Vincis as I had enjoyed the previous year very much. As part of the gala evening accommodation was offered as part of the package at good value so I decided to book a room for myself and partner. On arrival on the afternoon of New Year's Eve we went to book in for the evening only to be told that there had been no booking made under my name. I had made the booking with the manager called Denise and when I queried this she denied all knowledge leaving us in the position of going to a gala evening but with no accommodation. Her attitude was not only unprofessional but incredibly ignorant and when we did sit down for our meal she actually became quite aggressive to the point I had to tell her to get her face out of mine. Never in all my time did I experience such bad manners from a person representing a hotel in particular when she was in the wrong as on numerous occasions before the unfortunate event I actually had my booking confirmed........strange to say the least!!!!! Finally in the new year I wrote a letter to the owner of this hotel expressing my anger and disgust at the treatment/service I received and to this day I have yet to receive a reply. I think that says enough!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear ‘Bdkelly68’,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. Firstly I am pleased that your previous years experience of New Year’s Eve at Da Vinci’s lead to you booking our New Year’s Eve Gala package again. Secondly I am extremely disappointed that you had issues on your most recent visit to the property. I can only apologies and ask you to contact our General Manager, Andy O’Doherty to discuss the matter further on 028 7127 9111. At Da Vinci’s Hotel we are renowned for providing consistently the highest levels of customer service and facilities to our guests and I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem your opinion of our property soon.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel? Share your experiences!