“nice hotel, but not near anything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel

You added Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Culmore Road, Derry BT48 8JB, Northern Ireland (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
london
“nice hotel, but not near anything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Very Good hotel, smoking rooms available on ground floor. Good wifi access. Good courteous staff. Meals were okay. Not near anything, trip into town by taxi is about £3. Taxi's always available. Will try and stay closer to town next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RDVs, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear ‘SIDSYMA’,

Thank you for your comments and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you have mentioned we are only a few minutes taxi journey from the city centre and many of our guests like the fact that we are conveniently located near the city centre but yet still have many excellent facilities on site such as our 300 free car parking spaces, award winning restaurant and bar. We hope the fact you have enjoyed your stay with us you will stay again and feel the facilities we have are of such a high standard that you will visit our premises again.

Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci’s Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We're just back from an overnight stay at the Ramada Da Vinci Hotel in Derry where we booked 11 rooms for our staff Christmas celebrations and we had the best time ever. Rooms were bright, spacious, well equipped & with the most luxurious towels! The staff were so friendly and just couldn't do enough for us. The food was delicious & a great varied menu which is unusual with Christmas fare. Our entertainment was in the same room where we had eaten but the staff were so efficient we hardly noticed the mammoth clean up job by the staff around us. From banquet to ballroom in no time at all. Some of us had smoking rooms, all located on the ground floor & we partied until the small hours. Breakfast in the bright & warm restaurant next morning was superb. Definitely the best Christmas ding dong we've ever had & we will be booking again for next year. I would also happily return with just my hubby & I or with a few friends. In fact unless you're really going to object to a little bit of noise (people enjoying themselves!) I would recommend this Hotel for any occassion.

Room Tip: Ground floor smoking rooms & if you want a quiet room it would be wise to book a room on a highe...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Annie R’,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Da Vinci’s Hotel Derry. I am delighted that you and your colleagues had such an enjoyable stay and evening at one of our Christmas party nights. We are very lucky to have very spacious bedrooms with excellent facilities and staff that provide guests with such a high level of customer service. We are thrilled to hear that we will be welcoming your group back for one next years Christmas party nights and please don’t be a stranger in the meantime we have many special offers being launched over the next few months so please keep an eye on our website.

Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci’s Hotel
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We attended Da Vinci's on 09/12/2011 for our Christmas Party and it was fantastic!
The varierty of meal choice was excellent with even the pickiest members of our group more than pleased.
The service too was exceptional and the staff were very friendly....every request was catered for with great ease and with minimum fuss.
I highly recommend the Da Vinci's Christmas exprience and we will definitely book again for next year!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear ‘HappyDerry123’

I am thrilled to hear such high praise for our Christmas party nights and all the team at Da Vinci’s Hotel are delighted that our hard work and attention to our customers has been so well received over the festive period. We have received many positive comments about our Christmas party nights this year and I thank you for taking the time to point out your enjoyable experience. We hope to welcome you and your group back to the hotel for one of next years Christmas party nights and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the premises.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I know it has taken me a while to write this, but i have too say that out of all the hotels we've stayed at this is the Best. And it is such a great hotel we even had our civil partnership reception there last September. Grainne who orginised everything right down to the finest detail was appsolutly amazing and we could'nt thank her enough. Our suite was breathtaking and all our guest who stayed there raved about it there accomadation, and we have been back so many time's and it's alway's a pleasure to go there. Can't wait too go back. So if you're ever in Derry! stay at Da vinci's.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
RDVs, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear 'denandearl',

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and experience with us.

I am delighted to hear your positive comments in relation to our staff and that we were able to make your special day so memorable. We are an intimate wedding venue and we always strive to ensure our food, service and facilities are of the highest standard. I will pass on your thanks again to Grainne, we are very lucky to have such committed and passionate staff!

We look forward to you welcoming you back again to our hotel.

With Warmest Regards,
Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed here on business twice this month. First visit was a standard room and though ok, nothing special. As only there one night, I did not worry to much about the shower knob which turned completely on the wall that you had to use two hands to get the correct setting and then get wet in the process. On stating this, I was offered an upgrade to an executive suit on my next visit. Well, I got my upgrade when I got back but again, nothing special. The sofa was hard and small. No fridge, just two bottles of wine which were over priced. Checkin was efficient both times and friendly. Hotel is clean and has good security in the evenings as there is a night club attached. Over 23 policy enforced. A nice bar with bar food. Decent food and price which I enjoyed. The restaurant though is relaxing and well decorated but the menu may not be to everyones tastes. I eat most things but I found a few of the dishes a bit mis matched but that is personal taste, not a complaint. I found staff friendly throughout the hotel. Breakfast though is charged at approx £11 but if you walk 200 yards around the corner, you will find a Subway with a £2 mega breakfast and coffee. The hotel is approx 2 from city centre. Free parking at hotel. Nothing special about this place but good for get togethers and a city break.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RDVs, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear 'navigator',

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your initial stay in our standard room and your free upgrade to an executive suite on your second stay. I apologise for the difficulty you had with the shower in one of our standard rooms, we do endeavour to ensure all our rooms are maintained to the very highest standard and we thank you for bringing this problem to our attention.

I am glad to hear you found our staff to be efficient and friendly we do pride ourselves on customer service. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our Gastro Menu in the Main Bar this is very popular with guests as it is so keenly priced. In relation to breakfast our standard charge for breakfast is £9.15 although guests can pre-book and receive promotional breakfast rates, if you have an issue with your bill for breakfast please do contact the hotel directly and we can look into it.

Thank you again for commenting on your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Leipzig, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Its not all that often that I think a hotel is underrated, but this Hotel is definitely worth every one of its three stars.
Located a little on the outskirts of town, its a bout a fifteen minute walk or a €5 (3.50 English Pounds) Cab ride into town.
The restaurant has a very good and wide selection on the menu. The bar is also a popular hangout. Especially on Saturday night!!! Can be a bit loud. There is also a night club, (which we didn't go to).
The "Derry Fry" breakfast is an acquired taste, but if your into trying what the locals eat, give it a go!
Great rooms, very comfy beds.
The service in the hotel was very great. Staff are great! Very friendly and accommodating.
If I am to return to Derry one day, I'll be back here fur sure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RDVs, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear 'Pinocchio72',

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we do appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our property and service to be of such a high standard.

We are very fortunate to be located within walking distance of the city centre and many of our guests find our free car parking very convenient. It is great to see that our food and entertainment offering is as appealing as ever!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel.
Crook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From the moment you walk through the door until the moment you leave, you are treated like the most important guest they have ever had.

The reception staff were welcoming, friendly, helpful and very pleasant, Amy and Rachel to name a couple. The waiting staff were brilliant, I loved the fact that they (Gemma in particular!) would stand and have a little chat with you whilst clearing.

The management team were incredibly proffessional, particularly Grainne, who felt like a long lost friend!! I was attending my nephew's wedding, which went like clockwork thanks to the skills of those people named above, and countless others behind the scenes. The food was delicious, the tables were decorated beautifully, the attention to detail was fabulous. Every where you looked, there was a member of staff ready to help you.

I stayed for three nights for the wedding visit in a standard room. the room was spacious, immaculately clean, very chic in decoration with huge fluffy white towels and crisp white bed linen. Everything you could want, a home from home.

I would have no hesitation in recommeding this hotel, it has everything you could need. I would like to finish by saying that the staff make the hotel what it is, congratulations to you all on your excellent service, everyone commented on you. Well Done!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RDVs, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Jackie,

It is always a pleasure to read such a positive review from our guests and we really appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are very lucky to have excellent staff and I will pass on your compliments to Amy, Rachel, Gemma and Grainne!

We always strive to ensure all guests receive excellent service, great food and an enjoyable stay with us and I am delighted we fulfilled this experience for you.

Please pass on my congratulations to your nephew and his new bride and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Sales & Marketing Manager at Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel

Been to Ramada Da Vinci's Hotel? Share your experiences!