“Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 139 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Café, Sandwiches
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I never write bad reviews on here, I believe in the saying 'If you cant say something nice dont say anything'
However, I went in for a bite of brekkie last week and left feeling a bit stupid,
I had a big long post all written out but I just deleted it and instead im going to give the staff some advice,

*Please greet us, we are spending hard earned money here and deserve a hello.

*Dont sneer when a customer asks a question, we dont know everything.

*Dont assume we know where everything is, we are not all regulars. Please just guide us to anything we may need.

*Take a leaf out of your colleagues in Lisnaelvins book, They are always friendly and helpful even when they're obviously busy.

*And lastly, always assume your customer is a secret shopper.

Saying all that the coffee was lovely and It wont stop me going to the Sandwich Co but I wont be at this one again.

Londonderry
“Tasted like RUBBER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

I popped in today at lunch time and asked for a chicken goujon panini with cheese well done, went to pay for it and the girl asked me did i get it toasted and i said yes, they charged me an extra 85p to toast it, i also got a bag of crisps and in total for a panini and a bag of crisp was £4.85 well over priced.

When i got back to my office to have my lunch i couldn't even eat it, it was like rubber - I will never be back !!!!

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Thank you Derry - I'm feeling well stuffed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wandering about Derry City centre looking for sustenance I saw a queue of people at this venue - always a good sign if the locals are heading in there at lunchtime.

Confusion marketing - way too many options for a stranger in town, when everyone else in the queue knows exactly what they want - but the friendly staff were very patient, explained the options and within minutes had a family of four very happy and munching away.

The staff were absolutely first-class, nothing appeared to be a problem even when faced with some challenging customers. I don't know who runs this emporium but they could give a lot of other eateries a master-class on how to deliver customer satisfaction.

Pricing was more than reasonable for what we ate, coffee tasted fantastic, portion control wasn't mean for sandwich fillings and the toilets were immaculate - another sign of a pro-active management team.

Where will I be lunching on my next visit to Derry? I'll be first in the queue at 12.00.

So if anyone from the management team reads this - you are delivering a great product and service. Would I make any suggestions for improvement - maybe introduce some more regional Irish options - as a tourist I can get a tuna mayo sandwich anywhere in the developed world.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The sandwich co”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Exclent place to eat, food is good, atmosphere set up is best, only fault maybe a bit more expensive place to have lunch but quality is up there

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Derry, United Kingdom
“Very Pricey for Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Today we went to the Sandwich Co Diamond, and the standard of service was a disgrace. First of all the girl serving us almost barked at us asking for our orders, and when we wanted a roll with our soup she rolled her eyes and said it wasn't available only wheaten bread. We chose not to go for the wheaten, then when we got to the till we asked for two slices of brown bread. We were handed a slice of wheaten bread and charged around £2.50 - for one slice of wheaten bread - usually free with the soup - which was an extremely small bowl of soup for £3.25. Not to mention the woman who gave us the bread - the same woman who took our order fired the bread onto the side of the plate - with no butter etc. If the staff were trained in customer service, then this would be the perfect place.

• Visited June 2014