“Cheap,friendly staff and great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Travelodge Derry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 - 24 Strand Road, Derry BT48 7AB, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Derry
north west
“Cheap,friendly staff and great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the price I paid. It only took a couple of minutes to walk into the Millenium Forum and the shops. The decor was also surprisingly pleasant, bright red tiles in the bathroom. It was quite modern and minimalist, like a Yotel. The staff were really helpful and found bus information and booked a taxi for me. I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic break but otherwise it's a great deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear NorthWestLuLu ,

Many thanks for your recent review for Travelodge Derry.

again in the near future.

I will also pass on the your lovely comments made to our staff.

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ENGLANDERS IN N. IRELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night, very pleased with it, right in City centre, good size rooms maintained and cleaned to a very good standard. Don't think you could really beat location if you want City centre and if bought when on special deal certainly won't find a better value deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear HAPPYTRAVELLERS55_9

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Derry.

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went here on november 2012.. was a day trip to visit my boyfriend.. who was only in Ireland for a few days and I had to see him. He booked it while I got the fastest bus I could from Belfast to Derry.. got to admit..if it had been my choice I would have gone somewhere else.
I went up to the room he was in, asked a cleaner for a toilet on the way, he said use the one I am]m just about to clean so that was handy, but then when I went to find the room I needed a few doors away I think the hotel must not have paid their electric bill that month cos the corridor was in darkness, this was at 2 pm for Gods sake.
To cut a long story short, room was cold unless you were under the duvet, radiators were small and under the window, we had a double room with a single bed, bathroom sink was cracked, and only one hand towel and bath towel, no shampoo or bubble bath, one tiny piece of soap.
But it was a fantastic time because I had a day with the guy I love.. we will not be back..when we checked out later we were asked why so early, sadly it was time up, but should have said can we have our money back.. 50 quid and can get the same in other hotels around Derry I am sure for a lot more than a good time under the duvet.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels and shampoo, heater etc
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Catherine L,

Further to your review for the Travelodge Hotel.

I appreciate your feedback and comments. Our Hotel lights are censored here and therefore come on when you walk through the hallways/Corridors and our Heating is set on a Timer also but if any guest requires the heating to be switched inbetween these times they can ask at reception and the reception team will happily put this on for them.

In regards to your feedback on the bathroom. We are currently in the process of refurbishment where we are getting the bedrooms re-painted and new updated bathrooms. Travelodge are a budget accommodation provided and offer free tea-coffee and fresh towels with soap provided. I’m afraid we do not provide shampoo or shower gels at the Travelodge.

I hope that you would choose to stay with us if you are ever in Derry again and we could show you a better side to our hotel with our updated bedrooms/Bathrooms.

N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night with the girls for my 30th and paid £18 each room only. For what we wanted this suited yes the hotel is very basic and very dated but for what we paid we couldn't really complain. Parking was easy at the nearby Victoria Market Car Park and for £5 for 24 hours was excellent price. Don't expect too much and this really isn't a couples retreat its basic and central and for the price is dead on.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, General Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Beckers82,

Many thanks for your recent review for the Travelodge, We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

The Hotel are going through refurbishments at this present time so we hope you can come back in the near future and see our updated rooms.

Please remember to check out website for our best rates and current promotions.

Travelodge Management team
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed in Travelodge, Derry/Londonderry, for one night. We were in the city on business and wanted to try out two or three places to stay. Travelodge is in the centre of the city but is not noisy. The hotel is on the first, second, and third floors of a modern, purpose-built building. Staff were friendly, the foyer was warm & welcoming on a cold morning. The receptionis gave us a twin room on the second floor. The room was large, bright, & clean with two double beds. Plenty of room between beds and to walk around the room. There were facilities for making tea or coffee and two rails for hanging clothes. No drawers or bedside tables but that was no problem.

Our bathroom was on the small side but had a full-size bath and an in-bath shower. No shampoos but these are available, if required, at the desk.

I had to leave Derry next day but my travelling companion stayed on for two more nights. As it was not a busy time, he was allowed to keep the same room.

The cost was UK£46 per room per night in November 2012.

WiFi is available for a supplement of UK£5 per day. There is a PC in the lobby available to guests at an extra charge.

A continental breakfast is UK£5 per person. A full breakfast is available to buy in the pub on the ground floor. We did not have breakfast so I cannot comment. There is a supermarket two doors away and a Subway at the entrance to the supermarket.

Travelodge does exactly what it says on the tin. I can recommend it to anyone who wants no-frills accommodation in Derry at a reasonable price.

The truth is; Derry and its friendly people are the stars of the show. Visit soon before the crowds find it!!

Room Tip: The rooms to the front may be noisy at certain times.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Tyremarxx,

Many thanks for your recent review for Travelodge Derry, We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

I will also pass on the your lovely comments made to our staff.

Please remember to check out website for our best rates and current promotions.

Harstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

good for the Money, but a big letdown is the 5 pound wifi cost - to me wifi is a primal need in 2012 not far from Food, water and warmth (joking, but still). Location is great for traveling in Derry. Right by the entrance is a ginormous supermarket and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear BombardUrsa,

Many thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at the Travelodge Derry,

Craigavon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

good hotel for the price but its needs extra staff at the weekend as stag parties wont let each other into there own rooms had 2 ring down 2 get some 1 on 2 own floor so other guests could get into their rooms

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, General Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Randolph_11,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. May I start of by sending my sincere apologies for the issues you have occurred during your stay with us. I see that you enjoyed your last stay with us at the hotel in 2011 and I apologise that this was not the case this time around.

We hope you will visit us again on your next visit to Derry.

Kind Regards

Been to Travelodge Derry? Share your experiences!