“Great music, Great Guinness, Great craic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Nightlife in Derry
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Activities: Nightlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Peadar O'Donnels, the home of Live traditional & contemporary music in Derry. On our premises we have 3 different bars – Peadar O’Donnells, the Gweedore Bar and Gweedore Upstairs. Peadars is known throughout the world and is a must visit location for the many tourists that flock to Derry in ever increasing numbers. We are famous for, among other things, our live music which is largely organised but has regular impromptu sessions from either local musicians or visiting performers. Whichever of our bars you would like to visit, you are guaranteed a warm welcome, a good time and the best pint of Guinness in Derry!
Liverpool
“Great music, Great Guinness, Great craic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is the place in Derry if you like live music and irish traditional in particular. We visited here Saturday and Sunday nights in July 2012. Fast service at the bar and a great atmosphere. The traditional irsh music was superb. The Guinness was flowing and the Derry locals were very friendly and up for the craic! Open till late, the music lasted until 1am. There are other music bars inside Peadar O'Donnells catering for more modern tastes. Only slight hiccup was the scuffle at one end of the bar but the doormen moved quickly to stop the action before it got going. If you are young or young at heart this is the place for music and a bevvy!

Visited July 2012

London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
“Wonderful musician, atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great little Irish pub, probably one of the best we went to in Ireland. It had *actual* Irish people inside enjoying the music and the craic! The musician was good, and had a fun little banter with the audience... was very good at handling the ones who'd had a bit too much drink.

Visited June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“Nice pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was in Ireland for 13 days and tried to make it to as many Irish sessions as I could. This pub has live music every night and we had a wonderful time there. I only went one night because we were exhausted our 2nd day in town. But I would certainly return to this pub.

Visited May 2011
Derry, United Kingdom
“best bar in the town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We go to Peadars and the Gweedore nearly every weekend it has great guinness and there is usually good live bands playing in the Gweedore side. Good lively spot and traditional Irish great for tourists

Visited August 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
“Peadar O' Donnells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2002

i was at this pub a few years back and I thought it was a great traditional Irish pub. the Guiness was great and so was the atmosphere. There were three fellas in the corner playing a guitar, fiddle, and a bodhran I think, and they were fantastic. From were I was at first I didn't know they were there and I asked my Irish friend if they have any live music and he said "what do think you are listening to?" He told me they were local fellas who payed for drinks! Just fantastic. I will definitely attend again. Slainte!!