“A real must do” 5 of 5 stars

Thorpe Bay
9 attraction reviews
“A real must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did the 4pm walking tour this Wednesday. REALLY interesting, packed full of information from John. Put the troubles in Derry into perspective for me. Well worth the time and cost which at £4 is brilliant. You even get a free tea or coffee at the end. John also recommended The Exchange for dinner and that was also very good.

“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great intro to Derry with an enthusiastic & knowledgable guide-really made our trip to Derry so enjoyable!

Castlebar, Ireland
“Rip off Republic - its not”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've never reviewed anything before but I feel I just have to tell everyone not to miss the official Derry city tour. The wife twisted my arm to do a tour, £4 each, kids go free and free tea or coffee afterwards - could'nt really go wrong I thought. I've been to Derry many times and love it, but I have to say I've never enjoyed a trip to the city as much. The tour took less than an hour, everything was within easy walking distance, the kids (4 and 5 yrs) enjoyed it, they enjoyed the walk and loved Martin. I have to say I never appreciated the history of the city until now, so much so that I can't wait until I go back. We finished the tour with Martin and then had free tea and coffee with a beautiful home made scone with homemade rubarb jam and cream.
Great value and made our holiday. I wasn't back in the rip off republic an hour when I realised how good a value evertyhing was in Derry, espically the tour. Had to pay €12 for 4 99's in Sligo. Great to be back **NOT**
Anyway, thats it I highly recommed Derry city for a holiday or a short break with or without the kids, we stayed in the city hotel which was beautiful, clean, lovely staff and good value and of course the cherry on the top was the guided tour, it just made the whole holiday an unforgetable one. I'd recommend doing the tour early in your stay, then you can enjoy all the views knowing all the history behind this beautiful city.

Oxford
“Derry City Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I lead groups of informed and enthusiastic Americans on cultural tours of Britain and Ireland. As far as I'm concerned there's only way for a group to see Derry for the first time and that's to make a trip with Martin McCrossan. He's an outstanding guide, with a detailed and personal knowledge of the place. Foreign cities are difficult to orientate oneself around at the best of times, and the particular history of L'Derry's development need to be illuminated by someone who really understands the context and the possibilities. Especially if you're on a strict schedule and need to get the most out of a day in the city, I heartily recommend Derry City Tours.

walkerderry, Owner at City Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you Tony for your fabulous review, we really appreciate you bringing your groups to us at City Tours and yes all of our guides work hard to make sure that all of our visitors understand the complex history of the past dating as far back as 546AD. We have been providing tours for the last 20 years and all of our guides have completed extensive training, World Host Qualified, Customer Excellence and indeed i am very privledged to have received the Gold Award for the Best Tour in Ireland and in May of this year the NORTHERN IRELAND TOURIST BOARD HERO OF NORTHERN IRELAND AWARD. I look forward to meeting your group next year, Thanks Martin
Canada
“Fantastic tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I attended a large family gathering in August 2013, and we spent a very enjoyable day in Derry. We were very fortunate to have Martin Mc Crossan, award winning tour guide to show us around and were very impressed with his witty and informative guide. We happened to be very fortunate to also have Bishop Daly join our group as he is a cousin, so it was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Martin as a guide, and would love to do the tour again as there is so much more to see and learn. At 4 pounds sterling, it was practically for nothing!

Visited August 2013
walkerderry, Owner at City Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
HI Grace, i was honoured to have Bishop Daley contact me himself to look after his family gathering from all over the world. I received a lovely letter from him this morning and he said he is going to use a few of my lines from now on. He also copied me in on some of the thank you`s and correspondence that everyone sent, hopefully you will return another time. Thanks Martin