“Reality+optimism- John has it all” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 27 Activities in Derry
Providence, Rhode Island
14 attraction reviews
“Reality+optimism- John has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The tour of the city walls is a must-do if you visit Derry. If you only have a short time it is a great way to get the flavor of the city. If you have a longer stay do the tour first so you will know what else not to miss. Our guide was well informed, articulate, and full of hope for the city he so clearly loves.

Visited July 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The walking tour of Derry is a fantastic tour. Our guide, Shona (apologies if I got your name slightly wrong) was very knowledgeable and gave a wonderful insight into the history of the troubles and the city. The tour lasts about 90 minutes and at £4 a head is excellent value. We received a recommendation for this tour from my parents and we would happily recommend the walking tour along the walls of Derry to others. Thank you!

Visited July 2013
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Excellent and accomodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I took the tour as part of a coach tour around the island we were on last week. This was the second walking tour of Derry/Londonderry that I have taken in the past 8-10 years, and my wife's first. I had high expectations based on my first tour, and this one did not disappoint. Martin was fantastic, passionate, and very informative. Due to the age of some of the people on the tour Martin even agreed to do the portion of the tour that went up the hill on the coach. My wife and I had a great time and we learned a lot about the area. I especially liked that Martin pointed out and explained things that had changed over the past few years (many of the gates on the wall are now down, churches reopening, business booming, etc.). His stories and experiences made the tour a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone traveling to the area. In fact, I would recommend anyone traveling to Ireland or the UK make a special trip to the Maiden City just to take this tour. Thank you very much to Martin.

Visited June 2013
UK
22 attraction reviews
“Balanced and enjoyable tour. Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Martin has managed to deliver an enjoyable tour that covers the city's history from medieval times to the recent troubles that is balanced and enjoyable. Excellent value and he is clearly proud of this great city. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
york
“Martin McCrossan was fantatic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have just got back from visiting friends in N Ireland and we went for a day to Londonderry. We joined with a group lead by Martin to walk the walls of Derry. What a great man he was and so much Knowledge . What ever you asked he had an answer. We had a great day in Derry and I hope lots if people visit there. This year is the city of culture.

Visited June 2013