We booked two places on the Halloween "Fancy Dress" dinner in the hotel ballroom. It cost £35 per person for a 5 course dinner and entertainment. It was worth every penny! The service right from the off was outstanding, staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy and this continued throughout the night. The quality of the food matched the service. All courses were well presented, but more importantly extremely tasty. One of the owners circulated round all of the tables ensuring everyone was happy and offering out additional food (rather than letting it go to waste). Unfortunately I was too full to accept any more.
We were not let down by the entertainment on the night either. The show team were very professional and covered a wide range of songs. You couldn't help but sing and dance along! They performed songs from musicals, abba, Elvis and many more, The costumes were also fabulous and changed every song! I have never been on a cruise before but I imagine that this is the high quality entertainment you would see on board a cruise.
As if this was not enough for your £35, this was followed by a live band to dance to until the early hours of the morning!
Unfortunately myself and my boyfriend were the only ones in fancy dress, even though it was advertised as a fancy dress ball. The staff appreciated the effort we had gone to and rewarded us with a free drink.
An excellent night out and well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Faughan Valley countryside just 3 miles from Londonderry city centre is the stylish 4 star Belfray Country Inn.All 19 bedrooms Bedrooms are well-furnished and have comfortable beds with memory foam to ensure a good nights sleep,a plasma TV and free WiFi. Car parking is also complimentary.Our rooms are easily adaptable to offer a choice of accommodation from family rooms to our popular Executive rooms. Our stylish Belfray Bistro serves food all day, every day, and hosts live evening entertainment at the weekend.Weddings and conferences are also catered for in our lavish Ballroom which has tiered levels, own lighting and sound system.The Belfray is ideally located for The Historic Walled City, the beautiful North Antrim Coast or the scenery of Donegal. The Belfray Country Inn is the closest hotel to Altnagelvin Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Belfray Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belfray Country Hotel Derry
- The Belfray Country Inn Derry, Northern Ireland