“2ND visit not so good” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Derry
BELFAST N. I.
“2ND visit not so good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

Apologies to anyone who read my last review on this hotel 2wks ago - then we had a wonderful time, however this visit was a nightmare.
We stayed 1 night - room still ok - but we had a ground floor room + what seemed like a hundred kids running mad in the corridors and outside the grounds at our window until well after 10pm - reception contacted on 3 occasions + eventually sorted it myself.
Breakfast the next morning was v.poor hotfood either burnt or dried out + alot of flies feasting off the buffet as well.
Complained again on check out + got an off the cuff sorry!! - WILL NOT be staying there again just not worth the risk of that chef being on duty + another unruly wedding.

Again apologies to any one who may have booked because of my last review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

A hotel that caters primarily to the business conferene types, but none the less comfortable & perfectly appropriate for the price.
The twin room was comfortable though not particualrly spacious - the fruit was a lovely touch in the room :) Bathroom clean.
Food is average, though portion size is good. Dinner was better than the breakfast but a bit uninspiring. The waiter was a little rude & seemed more interested in other things going on than in the diners. The bar was so noisy that we didn't do more than open the door - that was a bit of a shame as we'd have liked the opportunity for a quiet drink.

The most disappointing thing with this hotel was the fact that they wouldn't let you into the pool after 9pm, despite it being advertised as open till 10pm (I like a 20 minute swim after dinner before bed!) & that the spa is closed monday/tuesday

• Stayed July 2006
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2006

Drawing up to the hotel it looked a charming little place.....Having arrived at the hotel late in the day on the last flight into Derry I was looking forward to getting to bed but was met at reception by a member of staff who was covering and couldn't check myself and mother in. After waiting a good half hour a fully fledged staff member arrived and was able to check us in. Unfortunately we couldn't access our twin room after fumbling with the door for five minutes. Imagine our surprise to find it being answered by a half dressed middle aged eastern european man who had got out of the shower having heard the noise and whose only broken english appeared to be 'my room'. Both parties being embarrased I apologised and returned to the reception and was allocated another room yet there was no apology forthcoming. Mistakes happen fair enough as long as they are fixed there is no major dilemma but upon accessing the new room we had been allocated a double bed. To be honest sleeping with my elderly mother is not really my thing! On the third trip to reception they allocated me another room which looked like the staff quarters I was not happy but too tired to pursue this further. To further compound my misery the fire alarms went off four times during the night and the receptionist did not book the taxi pick up as requested and I made my flight at Derry airport by a matter of minutes. Impressed by the service......I wouldn't grade it by stars/keys etc I would give it Basil Fawltys and I am still awaiting an apology. Having said that the restaurant was ok. Having stayed in Derry on a number of occassions there are better hotels in the area for the price.

Stayed June 2006
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2006

I did not know what to expect when I booked this hotel but it was just great. Compared to British hotel standards (especially tourist class) this place is definitely a cut above. The best part of the stay was the spa and health club facilities (free to guests). The pool was fantastically warm and the sauna and steam room were spotless. There is also a full service spa at the hotel (not open, unfortunately on Monday and Tuesdays, the days I was there). The spa offers facial and body treatments, several varieties of massages, and other health and pampering services. The staff was tremendous and most surprisingly, the food in the on-site restaurant was really, really good. I highly recommend this hotel. In fact, if ever the opportunity arises, I will go to Northern Ireland again for about a week and stay here.

• Stayed May 2006
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

Stayed 2 night over Christmas and found this hotel great. Facilities excellent would stay again

• Stayed December 2005
northern ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

The rooms are nothing like the pictures they show they are dull and need revamped.
The rest of the hotel was fine but when your room is horrible and not what you expected it does put you off your stay.

• Stayed June 2004
co meath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Hi

I stayed at this hotel last wekend and have to admit I was very plesantly surprised. I thought it was going to be just a run of the mill hotel na the only reason we booked it was becasue it was near where we wnated to go. Anyhow, on reflection i was so happy with the service and the actual hotel that i really would recommend going to stay at this hotel.

definitely try this one out...............staff are brilliant...beyond belief

• Stayed April 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS White Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!