“Great Sunday Lunch and Service!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 - 53 Prehen Rd, Derry BT47 2NH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derry, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I took my elderly mother out for lunch in The Everglades Hotel, we had a lovely experience and the staff were not only very friendly, but also very accommodating especially for my mother and her poor mobility. The food was spectacular with a beautiful variety of salads and desserts. I would recommend the lunch to anyone and everyone! first class.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Comber, United Kingdom

8 of us booked a weekend break in the Everglades hotel, end Feb 2014
Great hospitality, fantastic rooms, quality food and friendly staff and a well stocked whiskey shelf.
Great breakfast, including bushmills on your porridge

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you so much from all the staff and Management here at the Everglades Hotel.
We are delighted you and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay.

We hope you choose us again when you decide to return to the city.

Warm regards

derry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife & I were invited to a recent event at the everglades hotel and we decided to stay over. From reception to room we were treated at a 5 star rate! The room was of very high standard with all the extras. The event went off fantastic & a very successful, the food was second to none, well done chef! The service staff excellent! Great night's sleep,full breakfast with a wide range of choices, perfect end to a wonderful stay! thanks everglades, we'll be back! Garvin & Marie

Room Tip: Have no doubt all rooms are accepable
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Myself and all my staff here at the Everglades Hotel are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write such a glowing review.
We are delighted you enjoyed what was a very special evening.
I know my chef Colman and his team will be very pleased to see they got a great mention from yourself.

Look forward to having you back soon.

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just finished our break at the Everglades hotel and had an excellent time. The hotel itself I cannot fault, great surroundings, close to the city centre and a perfect place to stay.

All the staff have been very welcoming and made us feel very at home. I also must recommend The Grill restaraunt within the hotel, great food and drink, great service and again very welcoming staff.

We will definately be back!! :D

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel.
From myself and all the staff here at The Everglades Hotel , we would like to say Thank you.
It means alot when people take the time out to write about their experience.
It seems we have been able to make your stay.
Thank you for pointing out that my staff were very welcoming. This is something we work very hard at here and I am delighted you have recognised that.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is wonderful in every way! I come here without fail at least three times a week, sometimes by myself to get work done in the cosy surrounds of the lounge with the roaring open fire or sometimes with colleagues for a business lunch in the lounge. The staff are very attentive and swift in their service. Everyone from our company loves this place and the little bits of attention to detail and luxury such as the complimentary tray bakes with each and every tea and coffee and linen napkins sets this place apart from the other local places. There is also plenty of parking which makes it the perfect place to escape from the headache of traffic in the city centre for an hour.

Well Done Everglades! The best tea and coffee and food qaulity in town! Amazing!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest.

I would like to thank you so much for writing such an amazing review of our Everglades Hotel.
I know my staff and owners will take great pleasure in reading your kind words.
I am delighted you were treated so well and we were able to meet your every need.
It seems you were able to enjoy most of what we have to offer and I know my Chef will enjoy reading you enjoyed his home made traybakes with your tea.

We hope you and your business colleagues will revisit us soon.

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed for two nights at Everglades hotel . We got a very good deal from their website . £200 for 2 nights b&b and 1 evening meal . Don't expect cosmopolitan expect comfy.
The food was amazing. What was really nice was that a booklet showing where all the produce came from. Everything was good wholesome local food .
The staff are so friendly and helpful.
We did the tour of Derry walls . If you go to Derry please do this tour. Martin mccrossan who leads the tour is Witty and informative . You will not be bored . He is not one sided and knows everything about Derry!
Free hotel parking and easy to get into city centre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write such positive review of our hotel.
I am delighted you not only enjoyed, but pointed out our Locally Sourced Food.
This is something "we" at Hastings Hotels are very proud to supply and I am delighted you enjoyed reading about our local produce.
I am also delighted you enjoyed The best this City has to offer , by taking the walking tour with Martin McCrossan. His tour has just recently been awarded 5 Stars by The Northern Ireland Tourist Board and we are very proud to promote this in our hotels and our packages.

We hope you come and see us again soon.

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I love getting away for family or girlie weekends and the Everglades is my favourite place to go to. It is a great place to relax and unwind. We visited the hotel over Valentines weekend and enjoyed a fantastic meal in The Grill restaurant on the saturday night. We then had drinks in the Library Bar where a guy sang and played the piano. Breakfast at the hotel is always good, there is so much choice and it set us up for a day of shopping and bowling with the kids. We had food at the bar later that night which was lovely and relaxing by the fire in the lobby area. The hotel staff are amazing they are always on hand to help with anything and are very welcoming and friendly. I look forward to going back really soon we always leave wanting to stay longer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest

Thank you so much for writing such a great review of our hotel. From myself and all my team here at The Everglades Hotel. We would like to thank you.
It is great to read that we made your stay and you enjoy returning to our property.
We are delighted you enjoyed your dinner our breakfast. We believe that breakfast is the most important meal and I am delighted to have pointed out that you always enjoy ours.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Neil Devlin

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!