“Excellent conference facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Limavady
“Excellent conference facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We held a conference in the grand ballroom on the 8th November. The facilities and venue were excellent, all our needs we're catered for from very professional staff. The catering was complemented by all the delegates on the course and the overall atmosphere within the hotel on the day was warm and welcoming. I would certainly highly recommend the Everglades for a conference, as your needs are their priority this all leads to a stress free day.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My 1 night stay at the Everglades was short but very pleasant. Easy check-in, friendly desk staff. Comfortable rooms with teapot for late night "cuppa". Dinner was delicious and bar area was cozy. Nice variety at breakfast. Free wifi, easy check-out.....what more do you need?

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the taking the time to use this site and write a review of our property.
I will be sharing your kind and generous comments with my staff and in particular my front desk team that checked you in so efficiently. I know my F&B team and Chef will be delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service.

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have enjoyed stays at this hotel on a number of occasions. When I visit Derry it is my first choice. Everything is perfect and it takes a great deal of hard work by each and every member of staff to achieve this perfection. Every member of staff gives 100% to ensure that my stay is every bit as good as the it was on my last visit. The public areas are particularly comfortable, relaxing and peaceful. It is this peacefullness that stays in my memory and it is what I look forward to when I visit. Excellent bar food and even better in the restaurant. Always a friendly welcome, always a clean comfortable room, always a well fitted bathroom, always a good nights sleep.

Its not too often that I look forward to visiting any one particular hotel, but I am definite looking forward to my next visit to the Everglades in early December. It is my first choice when I visit Derry and it should also be yours..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property here at The Everglades Hotel. Thank you for pointing out our staff service. This is an area we work very hard on, as I believe staff service is free. I will of course be sharing your wonderful review with all my team and I know they will be delighted to read it.
I am even more delighted to read that you will be returning in early December.
Please before booking if you emailed myself. genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com I would personally like to re arrange your return visit.

Warmest regards

Londonderry N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a very enjoyable 60th birthday party with around 40 friends in the restaurant earlier this month. From the minute we approached Ruairí (the dining room supervisor) about organizing the event he was extremely helpful in advising us, making the necessary arrangements and planning the menu, which provided an excellent choice of dishes for our guests - they all commented very positively on the food and the standard of service on the night. An area was also reserved in the lounge which meant that all our guests could stay together which was a nice touch. We could highly recommend the venue for similar events. We live locally and therefore didn't stay in the hotel so we can't comment on the accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

On behalf of all the staff and management here at the Everglades Hotel, we would like to thank you for such a fantastic review.
I know personally Ruairi would like to pass on his gratitude for you taking the time to write this.
I am delighted you enjoyed your special dinner and celebrations and it was a pleasure to host such an event. We really appreciate your business.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully.

Warmest Regards

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Spent a night at Everglades in late October and had a nice comfortable stay. The reception staff were very welcoming and the room layout was good. The cleaning in the room could have been better - we dropped something on the carpet and it went under the bed. We pushed the bed back to get it and it looked like under the bed had not been vacummed for many weeks (or even months). Dust on the windowsill as well. Overall this did not detract from our stay but I would suggest that they look at doing some "spring cleaning" of their apartments.

The food & beverage staff were friendly although as the restaurant was busy you had to ask a couple of different staff about getting a drink. The first two people we asked said that it was someone else's responsbility to do drinks they were there for food only. Seems strange but maybe that is how they are operate their restaurant. A simple heads up to the correct staff member would have been appreciated - but not a big factor.

Overall I would stay at this property again if I returned to Derry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. May I first apologise for the areas where we did not meet our usual standards, mainly in the bedroom.
But I thank you for bringing these areas to my attention.
I will be sharing both your very positive comments and your constructive feedback with my entire team. With information like this I know this helps us greatly and we treat it as golden.
I am more delighted that these areas have not detracted from your overall stay.

Thank you for that and hopefully you are enjoying the warm weather at home in Australia.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

In recent months I've had the pleasure of visiting Everglades hotel for different reasons, mainly business meetings and events. On each occasion the service has been excellent. There is a lovely calming ambience in the Hotel and plenty of quiet corners conducive to private business meetings. The service is really top notch, with ever helpful and attentive staff, always with a smile. The location is perfect as its central for colleagues travelling from different directions and with loads of (free) car parking space, a big bonus. Would totally recommend this Hotel for planning any events/ meetings as they just give that little bit extra!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest

From myself and my entire team here at the Everglades Hotel, thank you for writing such a fabulous review of our hotel.
Thank you for pointing out our staff service and also for one of our advantages which is our complimentary large car parking facilities. And with The City centre walls only less than a mile or £3 in a taxi. We believe this is a huge advantage for people driving up to the city.

Again thank you kindly and I will be sharing your lovely words with my entire staff.

Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

When i was staying here it felt the service from the staff was great, although they were not very welcoming. i didnt really like the room at this hotel it was quite dull, and didnt have that wow factor that i was expecting. The location i do not like it is right beside a main road but it was a nice little drive into the hotel. Although i thought the food was fantastic is was lovely although when i got a mixture of desersts one night it was horrible, the cheese cake tasted so nasty. My partner would eat anything but he also thought the food was not that nice.

i loved the frendly people that was staying there and some of the staff would look at me funny, i dont know why or what there problem was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted you said you felt the staff service "was great",.
And I am delighted you found our food "fantastic & lovely".
With regards to the slight issues you mentioned, I would be delighted if you contacted myself personally so that I can investigate further. I dont see your name or email in our system so I can track down when you stayed with us.
email me personally on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Neil Devlin

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!