“Lovely Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lovely Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed recently in the Everglades with friends - we were greeted by very friendly Staff, check in was efficent and quick, Our rooms where spacious and very clean but the added bonus was the really comfortable bed. The public areas where also spacious and very relaxing without been fussy - GM certainly has an eye for detail,. The dining room and meal we had was an experience on its own - overall a lovely stay and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We enjoyed an overnight stay in June 2013 in this hotel with our family as part of the GAA U14 Feile.Superb food served from the restaurant by very patient and pleasant staff who went out of their way to be helpful.The bedroom was meticulously clean and comfortable. The hotel had a real buzz about it with alot of visitors and staff tending to everyones needs. Can't wait for an opportunity to visit here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a very gorgeous hotel! The room and bathroom were luxurious and clean. The bed and pillows comfortable. The lobby had free wi-fi and great sitting areas. The bar staff were very friendly. The restaurant food was delicious (supper and breakfast) and the staff very friendly. If staying here, you must try the whisky on your oatmeal (it's right beside the oatmeal pot). Our waitress from supper the previous night suggested it, and oh my it was awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in June 2013. As we know the area, I knew to book a room on the other side of the hotel from the main road. I stated it on the booking form and called twice, once on the day of arrival to ensure this would happen as we were checking in after 8pm. However when we got there, we were in a room on the main road. Slightly frustrating as we had to go straight out but the staff kindly moved all of our things and more or less put them in exactly the same place in the new room which was a lovely touch.

The beds are super, super comfortable. Luscious I would say. Lovely sheets and covers. Little nibbles in the room on your arrival and a couple of small bottles of water, plenty of tea and coffee making stuff. The bathroom was lovely as were the robes and toiletries provided. This is what I would expect for the price tag. I think its pricey for Derry but it is a busy year for the city.

The breakfast though was £15 a head and I have to say was on the poor side. There was plenty of it but the quality did not reflect the price. The sausages were of a poor quality and very processed. I would not have it again. We got a taxi into town (£3.50 each way) on the second morning and had a much better breakfast for half the price.

If I did stay here again (on a better deal), I would not have the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in a family room whilst up for the U14 Feile in Derry. Its in a great location overlooking the River Foyle and close to the centre. The rooms were excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was great. Plenty of tourists around the hotel and the information provided was good. Overall a great place to spend a weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Everglades last weekend with a large group who were attending the U14 Feile. The staff as always were very helpful and made us all feel so welcome. A big thanks to Kayleigh and Leeann at reception who checked us all in. The food at the hotel is fantastic, we had the best breakfast ever here and I would highly recommend the burgers from the bar menu that we had for dinner on the Friday evening. It was a pity we had to leave early on Sunday as we all wanted to stay for the Sunday Brunch. Definitely next time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Myself & my 10yr old daughter stayed last weekend as part of a group visiting Derry for an event. This hotel was a relevation. From check-in which was friendly and efficient, to the fantastic service from the staff in the bar & lounge area I honestly couldn't find fault. Our ground floor room was a good size and nicely decorated. Although we didn't spend a lot of time in the room it seemed to have everything we might have needed. The beds were very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. The bathroom had a walk in shower rather than a bath (which doesn't bother me, especilaly when the water pressure is a good as this was). My daughter loved the little duck and I have to admit he came home with us! Both the bedroom and public areas were spotlessly clean.
We ate one evening meal in the hotel's restaurant which we really enjoyed. Highlight for both of us though was the hotel breakfast! We treated ourselves to the hot buffet. This was restocked regularly, and I know its a small detail, but I really hate those buffets with dried out bacon and rubbery eggs. This food was all freshly cooked and I have yet to have a better hotel breakfast. Although the restaurant was busy, our dishes were cleared quickly and I was offered fresh tea before asking for it. Impressive service indeed! Each table had a little booklet explaining where the hotel sourced its food from. I thought this was a lovely touch & was delighted to see how many local producers were used.
There are other hotels with a more central location for the city - but I would doubt that any could match the level of service from the staff in The Evergaldes. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!