“Cant wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
ireland
“Cant wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed here on a Saturday night and from the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like royalty! As soon as we arrived on the Saturday afternoon, we were immediately greeted with a warm smile at reception and given the key to our room straight away. The room was massive with a huge bed which would have easily accommodated 3 people and was extremely comfortable. I didn't want to get up on the Sunday morning! The room was spotless and had a living area with a huge flatscreen tv mounted on the wall.
Unfortunately I was not in the room long enough to appreciate it as we had an event on in Derry that afternoon.
The breakfast on the Sunday morning was delicious with a huge selection of juices, croissants, danish pastries,wheaten breads, cheeses, hams, mackeral,cereals and of course a hot buffet where I had a bit of everything!
I look forward to returning so that I can relax in the bar area which was clean and modern and had a lovely fire which would be lovely to sit next to in the winter.
I cannot fault the hotel at all and would highly recommend it. Location wise it is very central and only a few minutes away from the city centre in a car.
Checkout on the Sunday was fast and painless and the receptionist wished us a safe journey home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. On behalf of all the staff and management here at The Everglades Hotel we would like to thank you for writing this review. I will be sharing your review with the team and especially the team members you mentioned (Therese, Sarah, Emma) they will be delighted they made your trip.
I am excited to read that you enjoyed our suite room 321, as we have just completed refurbishing this room along with others.
We pride ourselves on our locally sourced food and I am delighted you enjoyed your meals in both the lounge and The Grill Restaurant
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Warm Regards

Neil Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a great stay recently at this hotel - staff were great and could not have been more helpful. The hotel is situated in a lovely location which I think is ideal for both the city centre and also for other destinations beyond. On both mornings of my stay I enjoyed a lovely run along the riverside adjancent to hotel - this is by no means outwith the city centre so don't be fooled by anyone who says this. If you really must take a taxi to the centre then it only costs about £3 or £4, but a walk will enable you to take in great views of the city and will only take you twenty minutes at most. The hotel has been nicely refurbished and has ample free car parking onsite. The food is also very commendable and the breakfast is one of the nicest breakfast buffets I have seen in a hotel. Plenty of choice and very fresh. And just to add - the Chef makes porridge to perfection! And the beds are amazingly comfortable allowing for a perfect nights sleep.
If you want a true taste of Derry/Londonderry in terms of location, value for money and hospitality then this hotel is a must!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Why thank you. On behalf of all the staff and management here at The Everglades Hotel we would like to thank you for your fantastic review of our property.
We are delighted you enjoyed the ample complimentary car parking that we provide for our guests.
Our location provides our guests both that out of town feel with spacious surroundings yet we are a mere £3 or£4 taxi into the City Centre.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast, especially as this is an area we pride ourselves on. At Hastings, we source the finest in local produce to ensure our customers receive the finest quality product this island has to offer.
I will be sure to pass on your personal compliment regarding the porridge to our Executive Chef Colman, he will be delighted to read this.

Again thank you for taking the time to write your review, our "Cloud Beds" and team here look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife 3 children & myself had Sunday Carvery lunch at the Everglades,we normally go to the Redcastle hotel or An Grainan hotel but decided to try the Everglades,WOW,the food was delicious with a great choice in all areas,start,main & deserts.The one complaint I have is that I wasn't told about how good it was before,the staff are so friendly from Pat,Ruairi,Emma,Finian and other that I couldn't see their names,we were treated like VIP guests & so was everyone else having lunch,even the chef called to our table for a chat.I really can't recommend the Sunday lunch enough,we asked our children where was the favourite place they ate Sunday lunch and guess where ? Everglades.Yous have it down to perfection Everglades & ill be spreading the word.Ted F.

• Stayed May 2012
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel and in particular my staff and our fantastic Sunday Buffet. Our Grand Sunday Buffet is something we as a team have been working on alot recently and we believe that for £21 and 5 courses, that we are one of the best offerings in the North West area. So thank you for pointing that out.
I will be sharing your comments with Pat, Ruairi, Emma and Finian and they will be delighted you took the time to mention them. Thank you for that. And I mean it when I say "We" appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in this superb hotel and I can't recommend it enough! :) When we arrived, we were greeted by such lovely friendly, welcoming staff.
We were especially lucky to stay in such a fabulous, spacious suite and we were not long in the room, before we had a knock on the door ensuring that we were happy with everything and was there anything we needed! The beautiful, little cakes and strawberries awaiting us were a lovely touch and were tasty too! :)
The breakfast was terrific with a great range to choose from and again the service was second to none.
From the friendly, courteous, attentive staff to the great food, accommodation and of course, wonderful location, this hotel really is top notch!
Thank you Everglades! I very much look forward to returning sometime in the near future!

Many thanks,
SJ Cooper

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. It means alot to read that you had such a great stay and in particular you mentioned the friendly staff. We strive to give the best of service and to ensure nothing is ever to much trouble for our guests.
I am also sure the chef and his team will be delighted to read your positive comments of their food.
Once again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after an event, great atmosphere In the restaurant very friendly and efficient staff throughout the hotel. It's a short drive out of the City and has plenty of parking. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review of our hotel. I know my team will be delighted to read this and I will most certainately be sharing your review with my team and to note my housekeeping staff and restaurant staff especially.

I mean it when I say "we" appreciate your business.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel whilst attending an event in the City. I found all the staff to be extremely professional and courteous, with nothing being too much trouble.
The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, not to mention being very clean.
Location was excellent, no noise and free car parking, a real bonus.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definately stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Try the Bushmills whisky with the porridge for breakfast - a real treat
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the Staff here at the Everglades we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I mean it when I say "We" really appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nothing overly wrong with this place but far from being a 4 star hotel. We booked in but ended up leaving & staying in a hotel in town. Rooms are small & dated, the whole place needs a lick of paint. The staff are nice, which from experience is the best thing about any hastings hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr McStay,
I apologise for not meeting the standard you required but also thank you for pointing out how positive my staff are.

If you would like to go into more detail your dissappointment I would be delighted to hear your feedback. I value all feedback be it positive or constructive. Please contact myself personally on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Regards

Neil Devlin

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!