“EXCELLENT!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Derry, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visited the hotel for Sunday lunch, have to say the food was great and the customer service that we had experienced from the staff was amazing!!! a great selection available for all of the courses,and the chocolate fountain topped it off!! we then spent some time in the hotel lobby relaxing beside the open fire!! would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear LG

Thank you for your review.
I know our restaurant & kitchen staff will be especially pleased to read your comments as our Sunday Buffet is something we are working very hard at improving and making the best in the city.
And kind reviews like yours can only help.
From everyone here at the Everglades , Thank you.

Neil Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights last week with work and felt like I was on holiday! The staff are beyond amazing, so helpful, friendly - above and beyond. The hotel itself is really welcoming, the lounge and entrance is quite roomy but you feel a little bit like you are in your friends living room straight away, it's so cosy and comfortable, I had to exercise a lot of restraint to not take my shoes off and put my feet up in front of the fire. The bedroom... My bed was big enough for my whole family but lucky me I was there on my own! Again comfortable, cosy and fancy, big bed, big tv what more do you want.
Could not recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anna C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your kind comments and glowing scores for our property. We are delighted you enjoyed and look forward to welcoming you back to our "Living Room" soon hopefully.

Warm regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Recently myself and my friends stayed at this hotel. I was expecting traditional 4 star service and a comfortable hotel. The Everglades surpassed this! I stay in a lot of hotels with work and if every hotel was as good as this travelling with work would be a pleasure. The rooms were bright and clean with the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a long time! Dinner was excellent and breakfast equally as good!! The staff is the real jewel in the crown. All were more than helpful, pleasant and friendly. They literally could not do enough for you! We were also made more comfortable by the level of managers and superviors on duty- noramlly in recession these are cut...not here! James, Finn, Neil and Barbara stick out. These guys insured every want and whim was catered for! I have already suggested this hotel to friends and colleagues and will continue to do so!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

On Behalf of all the staff and management I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. It is very much appreciated.
Your wonderful comments will be shared at our daily and weekly meetings with our entire team.
I know Barbara , James , Finian and myself are very gracious that you mentioned us personally and for that, Thank you.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future during this special year for our city.

Warmest Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed last week at the Everglades Hotel while on business. From the moment I arrived it was fabulous, open fireplaces in the lounge gave it a warm and friendly atmosphere, the most comfortable night's sleep on a heavenly bed. Friendly staff, delicious club sandwich at the bar and dinner in the restaurant was delicious, I would thoroughly recommend the "melt in your mouth" Daube of Beef. I will be returning as this is now my favourite hotel in theNorth West.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We appreciate you taking the time and its great to see our new pillow top beds are being received well.
I must say the Daube of Beef is one of my favourites also.
We look forward to your return in the very near future hopefully.

Warm Regards

Dromore, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Everglades for the weekend with a meal included. This was our time
at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was amazing along with the breakfast. The staff
was more than helpful and so pleasant. It was great to relax beside the open fires after shopping
all day. We would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Diane M,

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a positive review.
We are very happy you enjoyed the food and found the staff to be 'helpful and so pleasant'.

We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We recently visited the Everglades for the first time for birthday celebrations. From the initial booking of the event through to our departure everything was absolutely fabulous.

The hotel went beyond the call of duty for our party and we all very much enjoyed every aspect from the lovely relaxing atmosphere in the bar, the amazing meal and service we had in the restaurant. The food is truly amazing!!

I would like to give a special mention to the General Manager, Neil who took the time out of his busy day to make sure our party were having a great time. Would also like to say a huge thanks to James and Barbara for their excellent customer service shown throughout our stay.

The Everglades is a wee hidden gem and a must to visit!! The beds are so comfy, and the by far the best hotel beds i have ever stayed in.

We will most definitely be back in the near future! Thanks to all the team for taking great care of our party, it was greatly appreciated by all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KittyKelly40,

It was our pleasure in looking after you and your party when you visited us at the hotel.
I have passed your words onto Barbara and the General Manager Neil and they are very happy.

We really enjoyed having you and your firends stay with us and we were proud you involved us in your birthday celebrations.

We look forward to seeing you all again

wicklow town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband nd I stayed in the Everglades for three nights mid -week. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff are so pleasant and helpful. Our room was upgraded to the presidential suite which was fabulous. Very comfortable bed. There is a very relaxing atmosphere in the hotel and the open fires are very cosy. We ate at the hotel throughout our stay and the food was very nice. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation for couples or families looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Wicklow Town Tilly,

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay.
We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and your upgrade to the presidental suite.
we hope to see you again soon

Banqueting Manager

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!