“Service with a smile - Great!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Everglades Hotel to your Saves list
Everglades Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 - 53 Prehen Rd, Derry BT47 2NH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
“Service with a smile - Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Recently I have stayed at this hotel while visiting my chiropodist and pediatrist, and I have to commend the staff on their excellent manners with both a friendly and helpful approach.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and catered to my every want. The decor of the whole place left nothing to be desired. Needless to say, nothing short of excellence.

May I add, the restaurant staff, bar attendants and housekeeping were all in top notch. The girl who served us at dinner and again at breakfast- Mary, was the epitome of professionalism and friendly, and was without fault while continuously attending to my needs. To mention another helpful few by name, I had found Barbara and Finnian also to have excellent customer service and great confidence in the service they provided.

I would most certainly recommend that anyone who was looking for a relaxing experience.

• Stayed April 2012
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Michael,

it was a pleasure to welcome you and your colleagues to the city, i glad to hear the staff gave you such a positive experience during your stay. thankyou for your feedback. we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, hopefully during 2013 when we will be the UK's first city of culture

kind regards

Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very clean nice staff and the service was great as well. The food was excellent had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 13-15 April and were not disappointed the hotel is lovely and we got a great deal.

The room was spotless with a gd sized tv, hifi and iPod docking station and the slippers and dressing gowns made our stay feel homely. The huge comfy bed made sure we had a good nights sleep.

We had a meal included in our deal and it was so good we decided to eat in the hotel the next night ( they do a great deal for couples 2 courses and a bottle of wine for £35). All the waiters could not have done enough for us and the grill has a great chilled atmosphere.( we even got glasses of champagne because it was my birthday).

The breakfast was all that you could want and more ( whiskey for your porridge) and the hotel gets all its food from local suppliers which is evident in the taste.

If your looking for a relaxing chilled atmosphere with comfy beds and comforting food visit the Everglades, we will certainly be returning.

The only thing missing was a spa and pool.

• Stayed April 2012
Hi sara,

thankyou for you kind comments, all the staff here take great pride when they read and hear reviews from our guests, about the great experience theyve had. we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Kind Regards

Bangor, N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were looking for a hotel to stay in for a midweek break to treat our best friends for their wedding anniversary and are glad we chose The Everglades - we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The rooms were spotless, the beds huge and comfortable, and the bar and restaurant were excellent. Food in the restaurant was great, our dinners were superb, though if I wanted to be picky, I would would say that the nearby Raddisson Roe Hotel in Limavady just has the edge on their breakfast offering. The hotel is located just a 20 minute walk along the bank of the River Foyle from the city centre with all its attractions (or a 5 minute taxi ride will get you there). What made our stay so enjoyable, however, was the staff at The Everglades. Nothing was too much trouble and we were offered friendly advice on what to do and see while we were there. It's a nice touch when your barman or waitress takes a moment or two for a friendly chat rather than to simply serve you your order. One hotel is much the same as another when it comes to the rooms and facilities. What makes the difference here is the exceptional staff - they are a credit to the hotel (if only all hotels were like this?). We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is on par with one of the best i had ever stayed in. From the comfort of the bedroom to the tranquil settings in the lounge. The staff and service were excellent, friendly and make you feel very relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble. We found this hotel on late rooms at exceptional value. We stayed in the hotel for 2 days and could have stayed longer, but will return. The food was top quality and the 5 course sunday lunch was out of this world. Compliments to the chefs.

Room Tip: The superior rooms not on the road side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I wish to voice my dissatisfaction about how I feel I have been treated
while visiting The Everglades Hotel to attend a function to support friends
of mine on charity "So You Think You Can Dance" night on Saturday 3rd March
to raise money for local charities daughters who have died of cancer.

I feel that our goodwill was exploited by because of the excessive
overcharging for drinks at the bar, and our drink where served to us in
plastic glasses such as used at football matches as opposed to the 4 star
establishment you claim to run.

I had a number of friends of mine as my guests and this has left me quite
embarrassed because of the standard of service we have received.

Needless to say I cannot say that I will be in a position to ever recommend
this hotel to any friends/family or colleagues due to the insensitive way in
which I have been treated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
dear Doireboy,

the event in which you attended was setup in a way in which my team had no access to the room, and in order to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff. we must serve drink in this way from the ballroom bar. on the night, anyone wishing to drink from a regular glass could do so from our public bar. our prices are advertised and displayed as is, and a variety of price options are available.

thankou for taking the time again to provide this feedback

regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My partner and I came to this hotel just before Christmas and our time spent was so enjoyable that when i returned to this city for business a few weeks ago this hotel was automatically my first choice..

Although this hotel can be expensive it is worth it , for the extra expense the relaxed atomosphere and friendly staff make the stay perfect

i was only there on a short visit and did not want to eat in a restaurant by myself. The bar maid "Mary" kindly offered me the option of having my meal in the lounge area and made me feel right at home with poilite conversation

The receptionist "leanne" was very friendly when checking in and out which is always great to see.

There is nothing the hotel will not do to make ur stay a comfortable one, it is clean , crisp and they are very attentive to your needs

Room Tip: floor 2 is very nice but book a room on the left
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Everglades Hotel? Share your experiences!