“Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Derry, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been in Browns on a couple of occasions and again last Saturday night. The food and service was impeccable as always. i would be hard pushed to find another restuarant in the town that lives up to their standards. We had a great night and felt very welcome

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Donegal Ireland
“Lovely lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have to say visited here on recomendation and I was not disappointed. We had pre theatre dinner booked for 6:15pm. We got good value for money too. We will be back .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Letterkenny
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went there last Friday night for their Food and Wine Dinner night, and it was one of the best nights we have had in a long time. The food, wine and service was absolutely fantastic. Hope it is not to long before we get a chance to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
donegal
“HMMMMMMMMMMM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in Brown with my husband for a meal last Friday night and as usual it was amazing! We both went for the early bird men, which at £20 is great value for this standard of food. When we arrived we were given a selection of home made breads including briocche and guinness bread as well as slices of smoked chicken with sweetcorn puree. I could have quite happily eaten this as my dinner it was so good. For starters I had the duck and my husband had the venison sausage roll. Mine was nice but his was soooooooo good! For mains my husband had steak and I had pork. I can honestly say it was the best pork I have ever had. But they saved the best for last. The desserts were out of this world. I had the chocolate and pistachio fondant and my husband had the toffee and banana tart. For service, price and quality of food Browns just can't be beaten!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derry, United Kingdom
“Good but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the first time I had been to Browns and probably won't be the last. I went with my wife and we both enjoyed our meal. I had the scallops to start, which were fine, though I wouldn't have them again. For main I had the Cod which was excellent.
The service was very good, and all the diners seemed to be treated to a little extra starter of a small portion of soup in a little cup, which was very nice.
I do though have a couple of criticisms.
Where we were sat, in a little sort of alcove, I basically had my back to the rest of the restaurant, so the atmosphere was lost. It also made it a little difficult to attract the attention of the waiters. I would recommend when booking to ask to be seated in the main dining area.
I don't mind paying a little extra for quality, but I though it was a little too expensive, I don't think there was a starter for less than £9.00.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere