“Dinner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Brasserie, Bistro, Family Fare
“Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

After a long day driving and found ourselves a beautiful place to stay belfray was highly recommended to us for an excellent meal. We arrived and we're given our drinks then we sat waiting patiently for our order to be taken.After an hour with tables around us being served and cleared we decided we would leave as clearly we weren't going to get served. I must say your menu looked fantastic but we drove into dungiven and had fish and chips instead actually they were the best fish n chips i have ever tasted.

belfray, Manager at The Belfray Country Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear MicheleS5
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us. On a positive note i am glad that you liked our menu selection, however it would have been nice for you to sample it especially after being recommended. I can assure you that it is not normal service here at the Belfray Country Inn to have our customers waiting for service. I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me so that I can find out the date you dined, this will allow me to check on staffing levels and the number of customers served on the day of your visit. Your comment can only help improve our service offered and i do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Belfray Country Inn.
Best regards
Rodney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Derry, United Kingdom
“80 Years Young at the Belfray”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Once again the Belfray was an excellent choice for a family outing. We held an 80th Birthday party for my Mother Sadie here on 28 Sept 2013. The room looked lovely,the food was great and the staff were friendly and helpful especially Geraldine and Christopher.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We as a family would regularly eat in the Belfray Inn as its really child friendly, great food and service. Although we did have sunday lunch here yesterday and it has to be said the starters and kids meal's where great as alway's but my main course wasn't so good. I order the Flakey monkfish, wrapped in parmaham, aromatic rice with green curry sauce on the side. It wasnt good at all, it didn't even look good as the rice and sauce where almost the same colour and the over done fish was inbetween them. i think what happened was that my main course was forgotten about and then when i asked about it, the chef microwaved the fish and finished it in the pan/oven to speed things along. It was watery looking, over cooked and hard, not the flakey fish as discribed on the menu. I was really dissapointed as the cost for the dish was £15. I didnt say anything to the staff other than it was ok, we paid for our meal and left. But i do have to say every other part of our meal was as good as always and we will be returning.

“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I was invited out for birthday meal last night and have to say it was excellent from we came in we were meet with very friendly staff we were show are table .
We were given menus and offer a drink everything was excellent we orderof the menu which had some selection brilliant menu something for everyone starter arrive it was outstanding presentation and tastes and then the main course was lovely to and very hot and presentation again was well done .Are experience of the Belfray was one in a million well done to all the staff for making are night a good one keep it up first class .

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great service ,lovely restaurant ,mediocre overpriced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Called in one evening and get a great welcome . The menu was one that I would in the past have looked at and walked out as everything had a premium of a few extra £££s.Last time I ate in an hotel clue Belfast most bombed hotel and the mains there were all cheaper ) Out of respect to my guest I stayed . Ordered a curry which was beef stew with lots of peas and no sign of a chilli or peppers or antything hot.My partner ordered a beef main on a yorskshire pudding was was edible and all eaten but a chore not a pleasure. The staff are brilliant,everything really clean and spotless.. just felt maybe the extensive menu could have been dumbed down to a more select list . Apparantly they do an awesome carvery and I imagine thats fantastic but it was first time in a long time my budget did nt cover coffee or drinks and just paid for two main courses

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
belfray, Owner at The Belfray Country Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
thankyou for your review-curry is one of the most popular dishes we do -specially created for our customer base-how long is a piece of string -mild is our most popular but for strength we can accomodate if asked -we have 55 main meals on the menu much more choice than our other competitors.price is a big option nowadays for customers and it is good that you have found some establishments that have met with your budget and that is also good in these times for the general public as a whole
regards john edgar