“Great” 5 of 5 stars

028 4372 3344
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 53 Restaurants in Newcastle
Description: We are a century old bar situated at the foot of the Mourne Mountains; with a traditional public bar; with all the original fittings. Welcoming to all families, ramblers and climbers. We offer fabulous home made Pub Grub, where Kids eat free and we even have home made Organic baby food for our little guests.We're very keen to promote local produce and boast a whole host of Locally brewed Craft Beer and Cider including the award winning Whitewater Brewery, 8 Degrees Brewing Co, McGraths, Inish Macsaint and Armagh Cider Co.Our weekly entertainment includes a weekly Charity Pub Quiz (Thursday), weekly live music on Friday (Jamming Session) & Saturdays and live Stand Up Comedy shows as well as the odd Movie Night. We pride ourselves on showcasing local musical talent and give local bands the opportunity to run they're own nights.We also screen all live Premier League, Championship, Scottish and Spanish Football, Rugby, GAA, Golf and Boxing in high definition and on our big screen.
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went here on Sunday for my birthday lunch with my family. Great service and food. Avery nice atmosphere and catered for the little one who got his meal free. And very reasonably priced as well.

Visited June 2014

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Brunel's @ the Anchor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had Sunday lunch in the Anchor the other day. Excellent! Unbelievable price for top quality restaurant food served in the bar. The waiting staff were very nice too!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“We'll done to Rob and his team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the management and staff off the anchor bar for the excellent food and service me and my family got when we visited the bar for Sunday lunch, the two course Sunday lunch for £8.95 is excellent value and the fact that the kids still eat free is great. The staff are very attentive and are very friendly towards the kids which means a lot , I have no problem in recommending the anchor to anyone you is visiting the town as in my eyes they have turned the anchor into the best place to eat in Newcastle not only for value but for quality, cheers and well done Gerard. Ps try the steak sandwich " amazing "

Visited April 2014
Maghera, Co. Down, N. Ireland
“Really good grub and great bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife decided to take a break from our two kids and nip out for a bite to eat and a few drinks, and thought we'd try The Anchor Bar. Now I'll admit the Anchor was our local as we grew up in sunny Newcastle but due to life,children etc we don't get the chance to avail of its services very much anymore :( We went on a Friday afternoon at the end of easter week and found the bar to be quiet but that's the way I like it nowadays (I'm getting old lol). We were met by friendly staff and welcomed right away, I got straight to it and asked about the craft beers which were available and got a few menus. The menu has changed since I last dined here but there was plenty that I would have eaten. We got a drink and ordered lunch, my wife ordered the chicken burger which came with chips and salad. I ordered the steak ciabatta with chips and salad, the food was great and I would have got another steak ciabatta straight away only that would have made a bit of a pig of myself. We enjoyed a few more drinks before leaving and left after paying a reasonable amount for the grub,very happy and satisfied. I'll be back soon if today was anything to go on. And the added bonus of quite a lot of craft beers on draft and in bottles. Cheers and hopefully cya'll soon;)

Visited April 2014
Castlewellan
“Excellent, an old favorite did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went down to the Anchor for lunch last Friday and had a very nice meal. The lounge bar has been recently decorated and is very comfortably furnished. For the meal there was a choice of daily specials, and a comprehensive regular menu with a good price range. We were also able to take the Friday special offer of meal and a drink for £7.50

We had a range of dishes, all home made, fresh and delicious. Of particular note was our grandaughters' fish fingers, (her meal was free): home made fish gujons in real batter. I was tempted myself!

Oh, and the Guinness was excellent too

We have been visiting The Anchor for over 20 years. It is great to see it still riding high.

Highly recommended