We arrived at the Burrendale before check-in time from the United States. It was around 5 am NY Time but 10 am in Newcastle. The staff advised us our room wasn't ready but gave us one that was ready just to sleep in until our room was finished! We have family living nearby and gave their names to the front desk. The staff looked for us in the restaurant to let us know our family had called. We received driving directions to Belfast, and Castlewellan and recommendations for restaurants. We enjoyed the pool which was heated to a very comfortable temperature and entertained cousins in the pub. On top of this, we looked out at the Mourne Mountains daily. A lovely experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland