“Exotic and tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

16-18 Market St, Armagh, Northern Ireland
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 47 restaurants in Armagh
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Vegetarian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Northern Ireland's Award Winning Australian Restaurant, using local ingredients with a Pan Pacific twist to create a fusion of flavours.
“Exotic and tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

l was here a few months ago, but as I only made my Trip Advisor recently, I'm writing about it now.When we arrrived the owner was welcoming and chatty, but not overbearing. On the menu there was kangaroo and I was wary of trying it, but I did and it was surprisingly tasty, as was their sweet potato. Prior to this I hadn't tried kangaroo or sweet potato, but I'm glad I did as it was a nice experience.The food I got was high quality and nicely presented.

• Visited November 2012

88% Recommend
“Our favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Only started the t-advisor comments. Must tell how lovely Uluru is,Great Staff nice big plates of tasty tasty food. some things you won't find in other places makes this place unique . We like you a lot - keep cooking and let the staff keep smiling.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Must try place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I moved back from Scotland 10 years ago and thought I knew where to find good food.

After reading your recent reviews...we decided to try......

My Daughter and Son-in-law treated me to lunch at this delightful little place. It was very homely and I had a welcome not short of a family member. The staffs were great, I was not sure what to have but the waitress took time to go through the menu for us, we are a mixture of plain and adventurous foodies.

I decided to go for the venison, I was a little apprehensive as I had never tried this before... but It was outstanding. My daughter had the Salmon which looked as good at it tasted, my Son-in-law had a very manly steak which was cooked and presented to perfection.

Desserts what can I say ..... My daughter and I shared am amasing berry crème brulee followed by tea and coffee..

Looking very much to my next visit

• Visited February 2013
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited this little restaurant in December with my partner on a Sunday evening.. We had not booked but were promptly shown to a nice table beside the fire, which was lovely on a cold evening! The servers on the floor were pleasant and attentive-nothing was too much bother.. We were offered an early bird menu however opted for the more extensive a la carte menu. Our starters of crab brûlée was to die for.. An explosion of flavour. For main course my partner tried kangaroo cooked perfectly as he requested med rare, I on the other hand had the trio of fish, coley salmon and hake,the fish was great. To top it all off we indulged in two desserts of cheesecake. All the dishes were obviously fresh and cooked to order. Very reasonably priced for the quality. Check out their pre theatre menu if attending the market place theatre just across the way.. Great place, great work,, keep it up!

“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My first visit to Uluru and I cannot wait to go back. Staff made us feel so very welcome and the blazing fire added to the friendly atmosphere; the complimentary bread was a lovely surprise following our kangaroo taster and my trio of fish was delicious as were the complimentary vegetables. Our desserts looked good and tasted even better. A delightful experience not to be missed.

• Visited February 2013