After a hectic start to our day, we arrived at Ballycastle and were greeted by Jennifer, who promptly made us tea and sweet chocolate loaf. She then told us about the area and gave us tips (we got free mini whiskey bottles at the distillery with a code she gave us but the hotel now ropes off its car park so you cannot get free parking at Giant's Causeway). Joe also introduced himself.
We had two rooms as my parents visited with us from the states. My (and my partner's) room was the black and white one on the first floor, facing the main road. I loved the decor and everything was comfortable. I slept well.
We ate at The Diamond restaurant, and it was ok although they are popular so we had slow service. We walked down to the harbour, and that is worth a browse around.
Breakfast was very filling and very nice. It consisted of whatever we wanted... we all had cooked irish brekkies with soda bread.
This is certainly one of the best b&b's I stayed at due to feeling so welcomed.
- jenn and john
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated on main road going towards Giants Causeway 12 to 15 min drive, and glens of Antrim. short walk to centre of town in one direction and also to beach,tennis courts and harbour in other direction. Free parking which is gated. Free Wi-Fi all rooms have tea and coffee facilities,32 inch flat screen TVs hairdryers. Guest lounge, and smoking area at rear of house. At J and J we offer good value and friendly accommodation ... more less
- Also Known As:
- j & j`s b&b
- j & j`s Hotel Ballycastle
- j And j`s Bed And Breakfast
- J & J's Bed And Breakfast Ballycastle, Northern Ireland