“Service lets this place down” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lolita

Lolita
66 -68 Stranmillis Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland (Stranmillis)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #258 of 732 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stranmillis
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Service lets this place down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Great food, very tasty. Service is not great as the staff are quite pushy at getting you to order food and extras that you might not necessarily want. You also cannot get a glass of tap water, you must order a bottle of water and pay! This kind of service takes away from the fact that the food is great.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I eat here maybe once a month the food is beautiful I have never had a bad meal in Lolita and the atmosphere and setting is so warm and friendly. I don't know how people can give bad reviews on this place the food is well flavoured, and service is always great. Favourite Indian Restaurant in Belfast. A bit more expensive than a few but I think that's why so many people write bad reviews, but you get what you pay for and this place is definitely worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast
“Best Indian in Belfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went to Lolita last week and it was excellent. Very warm welcome at the door, our coats quickly taken and shown to our seats. Food was excellent, chicken jal jal was hot and spicy and the tandoori chicken sizzling and succulent. Poppodums and dips were excellent as was the naan. Russell served us all evening and deserves special mention-he was very friendly, polite and really bent over backwards for us. I will be back again and again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Groupon complete take on, food bland! Waiter rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on Tuesday 27th with 3 others to use a groupon deal I had purchased. On arrival out groupon coupon was taken from us and we were seated. Being left with the menus for around 20 minutes the waiter came to take our order (Russell). We ordered our starters, mains, 4 rices a portion of chunky chips and 2 nan breads, the waiter was quite abrupt and told us that chips weren't part of the groupon and would be charged which we were fine with. No popadoms were offered and after a while our starters arrived. Nothing special and have had much nicer only a stones throw away from here. Mains arrived and 3 pilau rices arrived in one bowl and a seperate bowl for 1 boiled rice. Our chunky chips arrived in the form of French fries? And the Nans looking nothing like the garlic and chill/coriander ones that we ordered. Having ordered a madras I found it extremely mild and one if our company ordered jalfrezi which tasted very pastey almost pataks like as mentioned in a previous review. The shock came when we asked for the bill and it arrived and we had been charged for the chips and both of the Nans. I looked the groupon up in my emails and seen that the offer was for 4 starters, 4 mains with rices and 4 sides. So we queried the charges and the rude waiter quickly pointed out that nan breads are sundries and not side dishes. We asked why we hadn't been offered sides and his response was that his job wasnt to tell us what the offer included even though they had taken our coupon away as soon as we arrived so we hadn't it with us to use as a guide. Also £2.50 for a child's sprite! Needless to say I won't set foot in the place again. The food doesn't come close to what I've had in other Indian restaurants and the service and attitude of Russell was pure sneaky & ignorant. Take a trip across the road to Indie Spice where you will see what a real Indian Restaurant tastes like and service is top notch!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“READ THE MENU CAREFULLY...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently with friends, and just wanted to share the fact that it isnt great value for money. Surroundings are lovely, and staff friendly and efficient....but the prices are high, for what you get, and customers should pay attention to items listed on the menu as extras... and I am referring to items normally regarded as 'included'. When ordering, I discovered that rice is listed separately as a 'side dish' and as such there is an extra charge for it. Also surprising was that sauces are priced individually....very unusual. I would also like to say that the food was just ok, and not particulrly well seasoned. I know with Indian food, spice and flavour is very much a personal thing, and one of individual taste. I am not a great fan of extremely hot or spicey food, and even I found a lot of the dishes to be a bit bland. I won't be going back to this establishment, despite the friendly ambience and friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013