“One of the best I've had!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award winning restaurant in the heart of Belfast's cultural district 'The Cathedral Quarter'. Celebrity chef Nick Price opened Nick's in 1989 and is still behind the stove today. Sourcing the best local produce from around the province, Nicks established itself as the doyenne of modern restaurants in Northern Ireland.
“One of the best I've had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Since hearing about the proposed closure of Nicks warehouse due on the 06/07/13, the missus & I thought we'd pay the restaurant a visit on tuesday the 18/06/13 to see what all the fuss was about first hand; I can truly say I am really glad we did, from the the outside the restaurant looked charming & welcoming but, from the inside it was quite exquisite. What can I say about the meal as I'm still smiling thinking about it writing this review, the meal as whole was absolutely gorgeous, the crostini of smoked rare beef, beetroot purée & orange chutney starter was totally delightful; the dry aged sirloin & chargrilled rump steaks were both splendid; both desserts the trio of glastry farm ice cream & the passion fruit pannacotta were divine. The serving staff were warm, friendly & attentive, I'm glad I got to try this restaurant before it closes but, I must say we are both saddened & disappointed the restaurant won't be staying in business longer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Such a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Looking for somewhere last minute to eat on a weekend break in Belfast, and my what a great find to stumble upon Nick's Warehouse! The food, although perhaps a little pricey at first, was top quality. The beef in particular served with orange chutney and beetroot as a starter was so tasty. We will be going back on our next trip!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Tasty 2 course lunch for £9.95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a very tasty lunch here on a wet Tuesday. Goats cheese, beetroot and hazelnut salad was a real hit and mussels in white wine sauce were "delicious" according to the other half. The mains of Lamb madras and Chorizo & seafood stew were both excellent. Terrific value for £9.95. A great strong cup of Coffee topped it all off.

Strabane
“OVERPRICED & NOTHING SPECIAL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

13 of us reserved a table upstairs, waiter was bit clumsy and disinterested. Good choice of food but overpriced esp. with the 10% service charge due to parties of 5 or more ( is that standard for such a small no. of people?) Food came down which looked beautiful on the plate but very meagre amounts, a side order of mushy peas and wedges for a table of 13, you could only take one wedge & teaspoonful of peas if you were lucky, dessert too was very expensive & bland i.e. cheesecake. The tin cap on it was that after we had paid over £600 for our food we were told politely to leave our table and make our way to the bar if we wished as we could only occupy the table for a max of 2hrs. Wouldn't go back or recommend to friends, on the plus side I was having a bit of a session afterwards so there was plenty of space in my system for a few extra pints......

• 2 of 5 stars Food
belfast
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Was really looking forward to this restaurant but this has to be one of the worst meals I had in a long time. The staff were great but the food poor, had seabass which I actually thought it was off- my partner said the same of the prawns. Maybe we hit a bad night or the usual chef was on holidays we left hungry and very disappointed.

• Visited May 2013