“Very good and cozy accomodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springfield B&B

Save Saved
You added Springfield B&B to your Saves list
Springfield B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   16 Springfield Rd., Belfast BT12 7AG, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #15 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Very good and cozy accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great location, very handy to Belfast, City centre (10 Mins ) with comfortable room. Breakfast was hot and tasty , and just what was needed to get me started .. A Small family run business. Staff esp. Kevin (the owner) are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very close to City Centre. Room was very clean and nice. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I asked for early breakfast and I got it. Kevin (the owner) is very nice person and very helpful. Good price! I look forward to visit Springfield B&B again soon. Good choice!!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very handy to Belfast , City centre (10 Mins ) with comfortable room. Breakfast was hot and tasty , and just what was needed to get me started .. A Small family run business so ..not a Hotel ... Staff are friendly ..and helpful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Kevin could not have been more helpful. Location is a little off the beaten path, but close to the downtown area. Breakfast just right, rooms tiny and crowded but clean. I think Kevin must know everyone and every thing to do in NI! Restaurant and other recommendations were great. Good find.

Room Tip: All rooms are on upper floors (a reality when you stay in historic buildings!)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Drogheda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was clean, but very small. Breakfast very nice. Location was good. Kevin was not the nicest we've met. Very abrupt about checking out time , which he forgot to mention when we were checking in. Wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Do your homework and check all the reviews.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean- Frienly-comfortable.The owner very helpful for all direction. Breakfast its was perfect. Information on B&B website all clearly its street parking it was find for us. The room small but very clean and tidy. Good price! We will come back again next hiliday

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I chose this place based on the reviews of others. This is NO home a way from home! The owner, Kevin, was gruff to me but spoke nicely to my husband offering several suggestions as to where to go and how to get there. The neighborhood was rough, we saw young teens egg a passing car. There is NO parking to speak of - only on the street. The room, a "small double", was tiny and stuffy. You could only pass aound the bed side ways and one at a time. Our luggage had to be piled on the floor near the door. We took turns getting to our stuff. The in room tea cups and spoons were filthy. I got the impression that the linens were not fresh. The shower was too small to raise arms to wash hair. There was a huge amount of air freshener being used for so small a space. I bagged it and put it as far from me as possible. In any event, I woke up sick after a bad night's sleep. Breakfast was no better. All I could manage was tea. Looking around the crowded breakfast area you could see many stuffed animals and other possessions of the owners which were all covered in dust. I've stayed in many B and B's in the same price range. This place did not meet any of my expectations based on other reviews!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield-BandB, Owner at Springfield B&B, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Reviewers regularly compliment us on our cleanliness it is of vital importance to us and we take it very seriously. I’m absolutely horrified at your suggestion about the “Linens, cups and spoons” I adamantly dispute its accuracy. Our bed linens & towels are hired from the same supplier as used by the majority of 5*&4* hotels in Belfast. Rooms are cleaned thoroughly when guests leave, fresh bedding and towels are supplied and all cups, spoons, glasses etc are replaced by pre-cleaned items. I certainly would not sleep in an unclean bed so why did you? Why did this guest not bring this to our attention we would have attended to it immediately?
I am never gruff with anyone my mother brought me up to be polite and respectful to everyone, you said yourself that I was polite to your husband so why would I be any different to you?
You saw some kids throw an egg at a car so you condemn all the people of West Belfast as being “Rough” that’s quite a gruff and judgemental attitude for a visitor to assume after less than 24 hours in the area. I strongly reject your criticism on behalf of the good people of West Belfast in fact all the good citizens of Belfast who are renowned worldwide for their hospitality and friendliness. As for parking we are on a main road with an abundance of free on street parking which is fully described on the booking website and on your booking confirmation form at the time of booking as was the description of your room “Small Double” informing anyone booking that room of its limited dimensions plus there are several photos of the room.
You complained about the shower being too small to wash your hair the dimensions of the shower are 900mm X 750mm with 2200mm clearance how big does a shower need to be to wash your hair? You removed air fresheners’ from bedroom and the bathroom, amongst the other complaints you had, you referred to breakfast as being poor; surely this has to be an unfair assessment as you admitted you only had a cup of tea due to the fact you woke up sick. The stuffed animals you refer to are souvenirs’ given by appreciative guests over the last 20 years of providing hospitality, who unfortunately are showing signs of age not dust but I appreciate the gesture from those guests who appreciate your efforts in a trying and difficult occupation.
I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations (I think most places would struggle to) but you will notice from other reviewers as on your own admission so did you, many people compliment us on our cleanliness and hospitality which are absolutely paramount to us, some of our rooms are compact due to the fact our building is over 100 years old and we have installed ensuite facilities, we have no control over that, but cleanliness and hospitality we do and we strive every day to maintain and improve our standards.

Been to Springfield B&B? Share your experiences!