“Didn't receive the room I've paid for” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Greenmount B&B

Save Saved
You added Greenmount B&B to your Saves list
Greenmount B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   45 Andersonstown Rd., Belfast BT11 9AF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #13 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Didn't receive the room I've paid for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've paid a room with private bathroom on our honeymoon and received a shared toilet.
After a complaint, the other couple, already in the room, had to change and complained for hours, screaming just outside my door. Including the time I spent awaiting the room to be ready.
Room wasn't cleaned the next morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a great stay and Greenmount B&B :)
Vivian had no problem with us checking in late and when there was a small mix up with how many people were coming, she had no problem accommodating all three of us and was happy to do so!
The beds were comfy, the showers were nice and Vivian is wonderful and really makes you feel right at home!
Vivian is an amazing host, she is great with helping you with logistics, such as how to get to the city center and what do you during our stay...she will even go as far as making reservations for you if you want! Or, if you just want to talk she's good at that too!
Having open breakfasts times was really nice and made it easy to have a lazy morning if we so choose without worrying about any time crunches. There was also a guest kitchen where we had the option to cook our own food which we LOVED
There is a direct bus line right across the street which will take you straight to the center of town as well as a grocery store...two things that made this location great!
Definitely recommend staying here! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I highly recommend the Greenmount Bed & Breakfast if you're ever in Northern Ireland! The beds and linen were so keen that I slept like a bear in hibernation, the breakfast had more to offer than most any place I'd been and the management, Vivian, was absolutely positive, her smile lit up the room and was ever so welcoming! A true treat.

Room Tip: Pleasant view, warm linen over a soft mattress, breakfast you'll drool over, also quiet and affo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi Juton

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I know you felt at home when you set about making that delicious dinner with your friends.

Was a cold day to be running around the city anyway.

Wonderful to hear about your distant travels and happy we could be part of the experience.

Take care.

Ballycastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Big thanks to Vivian for a very relaxing stay. Vivian was most welcoming. Room was very clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Convenient location - ideal for a short city break and very good value for money. We will definitely return in the future

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi

Lovely to have met you and thank you for your comments.

Was delighted you enjoyed your stay with me and may return.

I think you guys got better weather than the guests these days. Snow in Spring is the unwelcoming experience of my guests this week.

Hoping to meet you again.

Kind regards

Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Thanks to Vivian for a very welcoming and relaxing stay in Belfast. Very easy to find and convenient when travelling up the M1 and not familiar with the city. Very family friendly, with 3 children in tow. Shopping centre & Mcdonalds across the road. NIce to have access to kitchen, to make tea, bottles etc., and not feeling confined to bedrooms. Clean and comfortable rooms. Highly recommended and will definately be staying again. The friendly warm welcome really helps after a few hours travelling !
Thanks again
Michelle, Co.Offaly

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Michelle

I'm delighted you found the B and B comfortable and suitable for your and your children's needs. I believe flexibility is key to that added comfort.

Children in particular may benefit from a homely meal while away on a break, that is if the mother's or father's don't mind the additional cooking.

Appreciate your feedback and hopefully others will see the benefits if they have children to cater to.

Many thanks

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I arrived about 3:00 on a Saturday and no one was there, but there was a note ti call. When we did call we were told we were late and she had waited for us for hours. We never knew as we were only using e-mail while we were on holiday. Every other place we stayed understood we would arrive about 6:00. When she arrived and we got to the room the TV was not hooked up. She tried to help get it working. She came back a couple of times to get TV to work, bring a lamp, etc..With tape all was accomlished but if she truly was waiting for us for hours why wasn't the room ready?

• Stayed August 2012
Hi

Check in, as mentioned in your booking form is 1 - 2 pm. Most people do not see this notice, even though it is noted in the IMPORTANT INFORMATION section. This is never a problem for me as I usually write asking guests to confirm their time of arrival.

If I do not know this, the next option is always for me to call. That's my policy. If this fails, I will wait for the guests and in this case it would have been 2 hours if they arrived around 3 pm. I have on many occasions waited for up to 7 hours, never knowing when guests will arrive.

If no contact can be made. I leave a note for guests to call when they do eventually arrive.

My purpose is always to be available and flexible but you will understand, I do have work to do and really can not be expected to wait for hours, unnecessarily.

I ask guests to call to confirm their arrival in Belfast or at least 1/2 hr before they arrive with me. I am more than happy to greet them at any time, day or evening, up to 9 pm if necessary. However, long waits are now not an option and it is easier for guests to let me know, outside the check in time, what their accurate time of arrival will be.

As for the TV, I am glad I got it sorted, I'm really not a technical person. I do not check applicances unless the are reported as there are few problems with TV's. I don't know about the lamp as I always replace lamps if here is a crack or problem. I would never use a tape as a temporary fix.

I thank you for your comments and am grateful for the opportunity to clarify my check in policy for other guests.

Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Was happy overall with everything, great prices, clean, great people and service and located nicely.
I had chance to meet some amazing people who were really friendly.
I've never been to Belfast before and I must say that I am not disappointed.
I really enjoyed staying and wish I had the chance to stay for longer. Maybe next time :-)

Definitely goIng to book another stay :-)

Becks

• Stayed May 2012
Hi Becks

Lovely to have had you as my guests. I remember how you gelled with other guests and were energetic and excited about your stay in Belfast.

Wonderful for me to see and participate during the warmer days with keen and happy guests.

Glad you found the B and B suitable and of course, if you come by again, I always give discounts to return guests! ;)

Hope you are well and many thanks

Vivian

Been to Greenmount B&B? Share your experiences!