“relaxing stay at Green mount B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenmount B&B

Save Saved
You added Greenmount B&B to your Saves list
Greenmount B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   45 Andersonstown Rd., Belfast BT11 9AF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Tullamore, Ireland
“relaxing stay at Green mount B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Thanks to Vivian for a very welcoming and relaxing stay in Belfast. Very easy to find and convenient when travelling up the M1 and not familiar with the city. Very family friendly, with 3 children in tow. Shopping centre & Mcdonalds across the road. NIce to have access to kitchen, to make tea, bottles etc., and not feeling confined to bedrooms. Clean and comfortable rooms. Highly recommended and will definately be staying again. The friendly warm welcome really helps after a few hours travelling !
Thanks again
Michelle, Co.Offaly

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Michelle

I'm delighted you found the B and B comfortable and suitable for your and your children's needs. I believe flexibility is key to that added comfort.

Children in particular may benefit from a homely meal while away on a break, that is if the mother's or father's don't mind the additional cooking.

Appreciate your feedback and hopefully others will see the benefits if they have children to cater to.

Many thanks

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I arrived about 3:00 on a Saturday and no one was there, but there was a note ti call. When we did call we were told we were late and she had waited for us for hours. We never knew as we were only using e-mail while we were on holiday. Every other place we stayed understood we would arrive about 6:00. When she arrived and we got to the room the TV was not hooked up. She tried to help get it working. She came back a couple of times to get TV to work, bring a lamp, etc..With tape all was accomlished but if she truly was waiting for us for hours why wasn't the room ready?

• Stayed August 2012
Hi

Check in, as mentioned in your booking form is 1 - 2 pm. Most people do not see this notice, even though it is noted in the IMPORTANT INFORMATION section. This is never a problem for me as I usually write asking guests to confirm their time of arrival.

If I do not know this, the next option is always for me to call. That's my policy. If this fails, I will wait for the guests and in this case it would have been 2 hours if they arrived around 3 pm. I have on many occasions waited for up to 7 hours, never knowing when guests will arrive.

If no contact can be made. I leave a note for guests to call when they do eventually arrive.

My purpose is always to be available and flexible but you will understand, I do have work to do and really can not be expected to wait for hours, unnecessarily.

I ask guests to call to confirm their arrival in Belfast or at least 1/2 hr before they arrive with me. I am more than happy to greet them at any time, day or evening, up to 9 pm if necessary. However, long waits are now not an option and it is easier for guests to let me know, outside the check in time, what their accurate time of arrival will be.

As for the TV, I am glad I got it sorted, I'm really not a technical person. I do not check applicances unless the are reported as there are few problems with TV's. I don't know about the lamp as I always replace lamps if here is a crack or problem. I would never use a tape as a temporary fix.

I thank you for your comments and am grateful for the opportunity to clarify my check in policy for other guests.

Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Was happy overall with everything, great prices, clean, great people and service and located nicely.
I had chance to meet some amazing people who were really friendly.
I've never been to Belfast before and I must say that I am not disappointed.
I really enjoyed staying and wish I had the chance to stay for longer. Maybe next time :-)

Definitely goIng to book another stay :-)

Becks

• Stayed May 2012
Hi Becks

Lovely to have had you as my guests. I remember how you gelled with other guests and were energetic and excited about your stay in Belfast.

Wonderful for me to see and participate during the warmer days with keen and happy guests.

Glad you found the B and B suitable and of course, if you come by again, I always give discounts to return guests! ;)

Hope you are well and many thanks

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Im not sure why this B&B has such great reviews. We have been staying at numerous B&Bs on our 11 day tour of Ireland, and this has been the worst B&B. We booked here to stay 2 nights. There was rubbish outside the entrance, and our window was cracked. The room itself was clean, but the location and felt unsafe for a young family. The website states there is parking available, but there is only a space for one off street park. This is a problem if more than one customer has a car as the B&B is located on a busy roundabout so not much street parking. We felt so uncomfortable at this B&B that we were happy to forgoe the 2 nights we had paid, and find another hotel. This place is more a hostel style accommodation rather than a B&B. I wouldn't recommend is place to families. It is more suited to young travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hi Emily

In response to your complaints.

1. Rubbish you mentioned. The cleaner had just left before you arrival as the b and b is cleaned daily. So, as happens from time to time, papers can blow in the driveway from the mail road but are also cleaned daily.

The small 2 mm pellet mark on the large double glazed window at the front of the house has rarely been noticed let alone commented on. I am not sure what problem you felt this caused you?

I have parking in the b and b for 2 cars comfortably without having to move around in the evening. Otherwise I can fit 3. However, I do have safe and secure parking for anyone who is willing to walk 3 minutes to this area. It has electronic gates, cameras and an intercom to check each guest. This is an option for anyone. I will happily remind others this is probably a better option so people will know I have very limited space but they can at least still park.

Not sure what you meant about about feeling so uncomfortable at the B and B. No other guest was there when you arrived.

I understand an open dining area and guest kitchen may not be useful to everyone. Flexibility is key and I like to think most people enjoy the freedom of space they have is an advantage to their stay

Thank you for your comments.

Owner
Franklin Square, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My first visit to Belfast and stayed at this B & B. I was meeting a friend I have not seen in 20 years. The room was very comfortable and cozy. I stayed for 5 days and would have stayed longer if I was able to extend my trip. My reunion was magical and I have Vivian to thank. Her kindness and warmth completed my trip. I am looking forward to visit again next year. Will not stay anywhere else but here.

Hi Antonella

I remember you well. Apologies for the delay in thanking you.

You certainly made the most of your days in Belfast. Happy days indeed as your reunion was a joy to see.

Come back anytime. Second visits are sweeter and more homely.

Hope you are well.

Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at this B & B upon recommendation and was highly satisfied - the place was very clean and well furnished - rooms were really comfortable and the beds extremely comfy. I enjoyed breakfast - very relaxed and plentiful. Do not be put off by a couple of poor reviews - this is a great place to stay and I will certainly book in for my next visit to Belfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi Juton

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I know you felt at home when you set about making that delicious dinner with your friends.

Was a cold day to be running around the city anyway.

Wonderful to hear about your distant travels and happy we could be part of the experience.

Take care.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent there a few days, I arrived at B&B bit late so Vivian was very helpful, the room is in good size and clean, continental breackfast was good with many choices, def I will be back,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Greenmount B&B? Share your experiences!