“Fabulous recommendation, glad I visited from London and chose this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenmount B&B

Save Saved
You added Greenmount B&B to your Saves list
Greenmount B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   45 Andersonstown Rd., Belfast BT11 9AF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #11 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
“Fabulous recommendation, glad I visited from London and chose this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Was happy overall with everything, great prices, clean, great people and service and located nicely.
I had chance to meet some amazing people who were really friendly.
I've never been to Belfast before and I must say that I am not disappointed.
I really enjoyed staying and wish I had the chance to stay for longer. Maybe next time :-)

Definitely goIng to book another stay :-)

Becks

• Stayed May 2012
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Becks

Lovely to have had you as my guests. I remember how you gelled with other guests and were energetic and excited about your stay in Belfast.

Wonderful for me to see and participate during the warmer days with keen and happy guests.

Glad you found the B and B suitable and of course, if you come by again, I always give discounts to return guests! ;)

Hope you are well and many thanks

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Im not sure why this B&B has such great reviews. We have been staying at numerous B&Bs on our 11 day tour of Ireland, and this has been the worst B&B. We booked here to stay 2 nights. There was rubbish outside the entrance, and our window was cracked. The room itself was clean, but the location and felt unsafe for a young family. The website states there is parking available, but there is only a space for one off street park. This is a problem if more than one customer has a car as the B&B is located on a busy roundabout so not much street parking. We felt so uncomfortable at this B&B that we were happy to forgoe the 2 nights we had paid, and find another hotel. This place is more a hostel style accommodation rather than a B&B. I wouldn't recommend is place to families. It is more suited to young travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hi Emily

In response to your complaints.

1. Rubbish you mentioned. The cleaner had just left before you arrival as the b and b is cleaned daily. So, as happens from time to time, papers can blow in the driveway from the mail road but are also cleaned daily.

The small 2 mm pellet mark on the large double glazed window at the front of the house has rarely been noticed let alone commented on. I am not sure what problem you felt this caused you?

I have parking in the b and b for 2 cars comfortably without having to move around in the evening. Otherwise I can fit 3. However, I do have safe and secure parking for anyone who is willing to walk 3 minutes to this area. It has electronic gates, cameras and an intercom to check each guest. This is an option for anyone. I will happily remind others this is probably a better option so people will know I have very limited space but they can at least still park.

Not sure what you meant about about feeling so uncomfortable at the B and B. No other guest was there when you arrived.

I understand an open dining area and guest kitchen may not be useful to everyone. Flexibility is key and I like to think most people enjoy the freedom of space they have is an advantage to their stay

Thank you for your comments.

Owner
Franklin Square, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My first visit to Belfast and stayed at this B & B. I was meeting a friend I have not seen in 20 years. The room was very comfortable and cozy. I stayed for 5 days and would have stayed longer if I was able to extend my trip. My reunion was magical and I have Vivian to thank. Her kindness and warmth completed my trip. I am looking forward to visit again next year. Will not stay anywhere else but here.

Hi Antonella

I remember you well. Apologies for the delay in thanking you.

You certainly made the most of your days in Belfast. Happy days indeed as your reunion was a joy to see.

Come back anytime. Second visits are sweeter and more homely.

Hope you are well.

Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at this B & B upon recommendation and was highly satisfied - the place was very clean and well furnished - rooms were really comfortable and the beds extremely comfy. I enjoyed breakfast - very relaxed and plentiful. Do not be put off by a couple of poor reviews - this is a great place to stay and I will certainly book in for my next visit to Belfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi Juton

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I know you felt at home when you set about making that delicious dinner with your friends.

Was a cold day to be running around the city anyway.

Wonderful to hear about your distant travels and happy we could be part of the experience.

Take care.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent there a few days, I arrived at B&B bit late so Vivian was very helpful, the room is in good size and clean, continental breackfast was good with many choices, def I will be back,

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My aunt from Australlia wanted to stay in west Belfast for 2 nights with her granddaughter. They received a warm welcome at door and had a nice time. They found the guest house to be clean and they were very flexible about everything with suited Maureen. Its so handy to everywhere and Vivian arranged two tours for them which were excellent. Maureen is 74 and dosent use computers much so she asked me to send this

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Firstly I would like to comment on the two previous reviews, they must have been staying in a different B&B from myself. This B&B is a little gold mine..Stayed in the Ensuite Twin Bedroom, Room was very clean , as was the bathroom, which also had a walk in shower, Perfect. Beds were very comfortable, Stayed here for over 10 days and can honestly say it was like home from home, Vivan, made us feel so welcome and really couldnt do enough for us. There is a guest breakfast kitchen/dining room at ground floor level and also another full kitchen upstairs, The continental breakfast was more than adequate, several different cererals, bread to make toast,different jams, orange /apple juice, yogurts, cheese, ham...What more can u want for a breakfast? def would satisfy the biggest appetite. Location: Very central to shops and places to eat out , within walkin distance, also very handy to pubic transport...Over all...I have to say im suprised by the negative comments, because I found Greenmount a pleasure to stay in..but I guess that old saying is true, cant please everyone all the time.....Def will be bookin to stay here again and recommending it to my family and friends also.....Great value for money !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi

Really appreciate your feedback and accuracy, from a very personal perspective, on Greenmount. You described how I would like people to see the B and B.

As with every business, change is key and feedback is welcome, regardless of differences in opinions.

When I see happy and satisfied guests I know their values and want to bring more of the same in the development of the business.

Hopefully next year, I will be able to expand and share more of what people feel is important.

Thank you.

Vivian

Been to Greenmount B&B? Share your experiences!