“West Belfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenmount B&B

Save Saved
You added Greenmount B&B to your Saves list
Greenmount B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   45 Andersonstown Rd., Belfast BT11 9AF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #13 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
“West Belfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My aunt from Australlia wanted to stay in west Belfast for 2 nights with her granddaughter. They received a warm welcome at door and had a nice time. They found the guest house to be clean and they were very flexible about everything with suited Maureen. Its so handy to everywhere and Vivian arranged two tours for them which were excellent. Maureen is 74 and dosent use computers much so she asked me to send this

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Firstly I would like to comment on the two previous reviews, they must have been staying in a different B&B from myself. This B&B is a little gold mine..Stayed in the Ensuite Twin Bedroom, Room was very clean , as was the bathroom, which also had a walk in shower, Perfect. Beds were very comfortable, Stayed here for over 10 days and can honestly say it was like home from home, Vivan, made us feel so welcome and really couldnt do enough for us. There is a guest breakfast kitchen/dining room at ground floor level and also another full kitchen upstairs, The continental breakfast was more than adequate, several different cererals, bread to make toast,different jams, orange /apple juice, yogurts, cheese, ham...What more can u want for a breakfast? def would satisfy the biggest appetite. Location: Very central to shops and places to eat out , within walkin distance, also very handy to pubic transport...Over all...I have to say im suprised by the negative comments, because I found Greenmount a pleasure to stay in..but I guess that old saying is true, cant please everyone all the time.....Def will be bookin to stay here again and recommending it to my family and friends also.....Great value for money !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi

Really appreciate your feedback and accuracy, from a very personal perspective, on Greenmount. You described how I would like people to see the B and B.

As with every business, change is key and feedback is welcome, regardless of differences in opinions.

When I see happy and satisfied guests I know their values and want to bring more of the same in the development of the business.

Hopefully next year, I will be able to expand and share more of what people feel is important.

Thank you.

Vivian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The beds are ok and it is only a short trip downtown but the rest was poor. There is a self service breakfast which is no more than a fridge with some basic breakfast food. The toaster was absoluteley disgusting, and was filled with breadcrums accumulated for months. Not all tv's were working, the door handle fell off, showers were not warm and also a bit dirty. Both the tv's and door handle were promised to be repaired the same day but when we left still nothing had been fixed. Of all the bed and breakfast we visited in (northern) Ireland this one is the only one we will never book again. Poorly maintained house.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Galway, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Guesthouse itself on the entrance was smelly of old cooking oil. Because I arrived after 2pm, had to wait until a men who opened the door (never introduced himself) called the owner who confirmed which room I can stay in. Bedroom was small, bathroom even smaller , drain in the shower was blocked. So it was impossible to take shower for longer than 5 minutes. When booking on website there was no mention there's only continental breakfast, self service actually. And cleaner knocked to the door before 11 am (check-out is at 11am) to let me know to check-out because "she had to clean all rooms until 1pm". Basically stay was cheap, but would not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
vivian_martin, Owner at Greenmount B&B, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Hello

I am happy to reply to your comments.

No smell of oil would EVER be lingering in the B and B hours after breakfast is cooked and served. I do however, often smell the wafting smells of McDonald’s directly opposite and most prevalent in the afternoon.

You arrived after check in, unannounced so unfortunately another guest opened the door and called me, trying to be helpful, so you would not have to wait. Luckily you were able to head out for the afternoon with no delay.

We met later and discussed your plans for the rave concert that evening. Taxi fares, breakfast etc. Continental breakfast is included and is self service from before 8 00 am to 10 30 am but a full Irish fry, as STATED on the website is an additional cost and must be pre ordered. You did not select a Full Fry.

The room is 13 ft by 12 ft. Normal room size.

If shower drains block, we have a turnaround a very fast turnaround for repairs once reported. Never a problem once we know.

You could have even mentioned this to me when I was woken at 3 am by night staff to address the issue of noise as the rave ended early so the party continued, in the B and B.

I asked the cleaner to make sure guests left on time as they had a very late night.

She has only ever knocked on 1 door ever, 5 mins before check out and was shocked at the loud, aggressive response from guest refusing to leave before 12 00 pm as they had arrived late for check in the previous day.

Warning to other guests.

NOISE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and guests will be asked to leave, no matter what hour of the day.

In this industry, as you well know, there are extremes to be dealt with. Happily this did actually end.

Vivian
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed just for one night whilst visiting relatives. The proprietor was extremely helpful, flexible on arrival time, and the rooms were very cosy, immaculately clean, we had rooms which were en-suite, compact but perfectly adequate. The help-yourself breakfast was lovely, everything provided - toast, tea, cereals etc. and a cooked breakfast can be provided with notice and for a small extra cost. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was here for 3 days with a friend and we liked very much this place, Viv is awesome, the check in time is usually between 1 and 2 but we arrived there at 10pm a she was so nice and receive us. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here for just one night before we left Belfast and it was fantastic! We got there a little early and I think we surprised the woman that was cleaning, haha, but she let us check in a bit early, which was really nice. The rooms are SO cozy and Vivian is super sweet! She waited for us to get back from our long day at the causeway and even chatted for a bit. I would absolutely stay here again, I wish we had stayed here the entire time we were in Belfast.

We had a car with us, which was nice, so I can't weigh in on how easy it is to get to the city on public transportation from here.

ALSO - if you found Greenmount via tripadvisor - BOOK it through tripadvisor! It will make vivian's life easier! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Greenmount B&B? Share your experiences!