“Unexpected” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Skien
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Belfast this weekend and after searching the web for a while, booked a table at the Saphyre. The Saturday was fully booked, so we took this as good sign and booked the Friday instead. The restaurant is located behind an old church and we felt like we were going somewhere secret and exclusive.
My boyfriend had the steak and I had the saddle of hare, and we were both stunned by the flavors and beauty of the food. We had a beautiful tasting platter for dessert and this was, if possible, almost better than the main course.
The restaurant is beautiful and worth a visit in itself!
Excellent service, wine, presentation and atmosphere, and will definitely come back again next time.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

On a wet Monday morning we headed to Saphyre for coffee, as a wheelchair user I was worried about access etc, but no worries. We were greeted by lovely, helpful staff who showed us to a beautiful laid table with no obstacles for access. Coffee was served, along with fresh baked scones with jam & cream and a plate of three types of the most delicious pastries. The surroundings are beautiful with the added bonus of a little boutique to have a walk through on your way home - if you can bear to leave! Coffee, food, staff & surroundings was 1st class and we are booking for Afternoon Tea very shortly. All in all a wonderful experience which we would recommend to anyone.

Visited February 2014
fionnualadelap@btinternet.com
“excellent - a cullinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a wonderful treat, from the moment we arrived we felt this was a really special night . We were a group of 10 and had a wonderful table I expected the decor to be special,It really is amazing . We were all pleasantly surprised how exceptional the food was. Service and atmosphere all super. I am really surprised at some of reviews as all 10 of us who eat out regularly in Belfast were all very impressed. We will be returning as soon as possible. I recommend trying it for a special occasion or with a group Well done to Saphyre on their fabulous restaurant.

Dublin, Ireland
“Simply Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

At Christmas we got a recommendation from friends of ours who had tried Saphyre and just loved it, they actually talked about it so much we promised we would try it.
So, for Valentines weekend we decided to book for the Saturday night Valentines tasting menu, which looked gorgeous (great website btw). We were met at the door by the Maitre D who was a gentleman and seated us at a lovely table, all the while I was taking in the decor which is exquisite. I loved the layout of the restaurant, it is cosy but spacious at the same time so you have privacy at your table to chat comfortably. There is a lovely relaxed buzz in Saphyre and it wasn't long before we were lost in each others company, some gorgeous wine and of course the best part...our 7 courses of heaven. The Foie Gras won over the night for me, it was quite simply sublime, my husband said he couldn't pick a favourite, but if pushed he was torn between the lemon sole and the duck. I think we were both disappointed when the last bite of our chocolate desert was finished as the night was coming to an end. We will definitely be back , we are now the couple that keep talking about Saphyre to our friends! A real treat.

London
“Saphyre - what an experience - just what Belfast needs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Went to Saphyre on Valentines weekend whilst in Belfast. Having not long before been to Pollen Street Social in London for my birthday, I didn't think Saphyre could come close, but boy was I wrong! From start to finish, the whole experience was spot on. The church in which it sits is impressive at the very least but yet the restaurant is intimate and clearly reflects the ethos of the design house out front. The interior is glamorous and just that little bit special. I started with a cocktail (it would have been rude not too given the menu!) and had to have another as I couldn't decide between the Emerald and the Tash Marine! The food was divine. Tasting menu was exquisite, with the oysters, lemon sole and honey glazed duck and being my personal favourites. Hubby especially loved the honey glazed duck. The wine pairing was excellent and I loved the Maitre'd. He had such passion and enthusiasm and added to the whole night.

The toilets... well - need to be seen to be believed! Even the hand wash was luxurious!

In all - quality of food, setting and overall experience is top notch. Looking forward to returning to Saphyre and tasting what is on offer. Well done Saphyre for upping the ante in Belfast.

Visited February 2014