“Fantastic first trip to the MAC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 122 Attractions in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic first trip to the MAC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to the MAC for the first time at the beginning of December and was highly impressed by the whole experience. From the architecture of the building, to the pleasant staff- who were more than helpful and the incredible christmas tree, which provides an interesting twist to the usual trees around Belfast. Whilst at the MAC, we went to see The Incredible Book Eating Boy. It was a fantastic production, which my sister and myself thoroughly enjoyed. I would highly recommend a trip to the MAC, not only over the festive season- but all year round.

Visited December 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at MAC Theatre, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Victoria

Thank you for your feedback, we’re delighted you had an enjoyable visit to the MAC.

Our Christmas tree was specially created for us by organic farmers from Root & Branch Organic. In case you didn’t spot it on your last visit, we have an exhibition of Oliver Jeffers illustrations form The Incredible Book Eating Boy book too until 4 January. We also have free storytelling this weekend in the Wishful Wood, our version of a winter wonderland. For more details, visit themaclive.com.

We look forward to seeing you in the MAC again soon.

Kind regards

“MACnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I took my younger sister to see one of the first showings of The Incredible Book Eating Boy and needless to say both of us hugely enjoyed the experience. We arrived early and so we were able to have a look around and have a coffee and a hot chocolate. It was a great evening and I would highly recommend it to anyone especially if you can make one of the productions!

Visited November 2012
Newnan, Georgia, United States
15 attraction reviews
“Quality Theatre in Intimate Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

While in Belfast, I attended the MAC to see I Am My Own Wife. It was an outstanding production. The acting was among the finest I have seen and the play was fascinating. I enjoyed the theatre very much. The MAC has visual arts on display for free and they even offer food and drinks in their restaurant on site. It was a lovely evening and a great addition to our vacation.

Visited September 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at MAC Theatre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the MAC.

We’re delighted that you visited the MAC while you were in Belfast and that you really enjoyed seeing ‘I Am My Own Wife’. If you return to Belfast, we hope that you will drop in again to see what’s new.

Kind regards

australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great place for a show, a drink or a wander”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to the MAC a few times since it fist opened in April. I've seen two of the best shows I've seen in years The Necks and The Unthanks as well as a few of their theatre shows. I have to say all of the galleries and theatres are top knotch and it's a great thing to do on a rainy sunday - walk around the FREE galleries and have a piece of cake. Highly recommend the MAc for anyone wanting to see good music, theatre and art at very reasonable prices. Looking forward to many more ventures to the MAC.

Visited October 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at MAC Theatre, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hi Caitlin

Thank you for your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you have enjoyed lots of different aspects of the MAC. We have another fantastic Moving on Music event this weekend (Sunday 25 November) with Bourne Davis Kane.

The galleries have all recently changed over too, so if you haven’t visited since October all three new exhibitions are open until 20 January and they are of course free to attend.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great place to visit and take time out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been to MAC quite a few times now, with and without my children. I think the building is first class and have enjoyed walking around the various exhibitions, the children also enjoy the freedom permitted.

I have to say that the staff at the Mac have always been very welcoming and are very good to the children.

Our plan is to return soon and hopefully take in one of the upcoming productions.

Visited November 2012
Hi Johnny

Thank you for your feedback, we’re delighted that you have enjoyed visiting the MAC as a family and independently.

We have three new exhibitions recently opened in our galleries, which you might enjoy – Claire Morgan: Gone to Seed, Mary McIntyre: A Contemporary Sublime and Peter Doig: Imaginary Places. All 3 are here until 20 January.

If you are coming back with your children, don’t miss our magical Christmas show – The Incredible Book Eating Boy. You can also check out Oliver Jeffers’ illustrations (from the book the show is based on) in the Substation from 27 Nov ember– 4 January.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Kind regards,