“I would try it for lunch - Cocktails great tho!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, American, Fast Food, Chicken Wings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“I would try it for lunch - Cocktails great tho!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Pros;
Cool decor, very original & quirky
Cocktails are awesome & good value for money
Menu selection is good- rec. cheese stiks for starters!
Great location
Cons;
VERY loud on a Sat night, all tables close together & had to nearly shout to be heard.
Table very small, only 2 x 3ft for 2ppl? Not enough room for food & drinks!
Table not as small as plates (or saucer would be a better description)
Black plastic glasses for drinking water out of v.unappealing & cant see very well when refilling.
Service needs work, I had to ask for our orders to be taken, for drinks & for the bill to be brought
Chicken a little dry but £20 for a main for two incl. sides isnt bad

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Situated in the Cathedral Quarter, we only found Le Coop by chance, not sure how easy it would be to find if you’re a tourist and looking for it.
The staff were lovely, we were greeted with a smile and was shown to our seats promptly.
We then placed our orders and the food, was exceptional- especially the corn dogs and the breaded mozzarella strips. The food is excellent quality and very tasty.
The atmosphere is upbeat and modern, and is a very fun place to be. All the staff were very friendly, an even went out the way to cater for my fussy girlfriend!
The only little annoyance was that we were told that the cocktails were only £2.50, when they were actually £3.50, and when we questioned this we were told this was not the case. The waitress was polite and did apologise. Also, the menu in the window needs to be updated, as an item we chose was not available anymore. Not big issues, and did not spoil the evening.
All in all, a very pleasant experience, and will definitely visit again if we were in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Mmmmm Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Not much to say, I like chicken here it is simple and good. only small criticism hotdog was actually premium sausage rather than processed not mentioned on the menu, if it was mentioned it would have made it easier to decide what to give to the kids ;)

Visited June 2014
Ballymoney
“Probably the worst place we have ever eaten. Shocking food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Don't eat at le coup. We went on a quiet Wednesday evening. We were greeted well and shown to a window table. It went rapidly downhill from here!! We ordered a drink/cocktail with the batman and then the waitress took our food order. The cocktails and the starter (in a plastic basket) arrived within seconds of each other! We then asked if the main course could be delayed by about 15 mins to allow us to have some time for our waiting cocktails. This was fine however when the mains did arrive (also in plastic baskets) they had obviously been sitting ready for that 15 mins. Food was cold, greasy and really salty. It was so bad we couldn't finish it. We ordered a bottle of white wine with our meal and it wasn't cold. The barman did take it away to put in the freezer!! but we had finished our meal before it was brought back. They did refund it from the bill. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will certainly not be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
N.Ireland
“Brilliant Food , Service needs to step up !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I ate here on a Thursday night with friends from work at their recommendation .The food did not disappoint at all ,I highly recommend the Slider meal - amazing flavour combinations that I haven't had elsewhere and the comparisons to KFC or fast food by others I think are unfair ! We all declared that we would be back for the food. However .... We were disappointed in the service -which was very poor and in direct contrast to MIB where I happened to have eaten on the Monday 7th of the same week ;) ( and filled out one of your service cards because it was good ) I hasten to add that both Monday and the Thursday were equally busy in both restaurants. Yet in Lecoop the service was much much slower , less attentive and while our own waitress was pleasant enough , the guy serving that night was very rude and unprofessional ! Due to the aforementioned not very attentive waiting staff we gave up trying to wave someone over so I approached the till/bar area and asked very politely if they could possibly turn the music down ( I'm in my 30's it's not as if I'm a generation that thinks all music is loud - it was too loud to hear each other at our table hence my polite request !) The response I got was a very abrupt ' I've turned it down already ' in a tone that implied that I'd already asked him and he was annoyed at being asked twice - instead of simply responding ' no problem at all I have just turned it down as someone else asked me to' Clearly it was still too loud if I was asking it to be turned down???It was a restaurant not a bar or club on a Sat night !? Please have your staff to the same standard in all your venues MIB owners !! I didn't pursue the matter at the time as didn't feel I should have to - just plain rudeness that I'm not accustomed to from MIB staff ! All the other concepts and welcome quirkiness and amazing food would have me recommending but Staff and service needs improvement !