With eight of us staying for two nights something had to go wrong!
Well it did however I must say the hotel looks great. Design and decoration is different than most of the boring modern hotels.
The problems were...
1. Beds are small unless you get an Accessible room where the beds are much wider
2. Cleanliness was poor. One room was not clean with litter on the floor and cups still dirty
3. There is no air conditioning and the fans supplied in each room although efficient are noisy if you need to leave them on all night.
4. Breakfast was a disaster. We arrived in three groups. Four then two then the final two. The two's were served first!, with the four remaining guests waiting 55 minutes for their breakfast. They also waited 30 minutes for their tea/coffee.
Positive points did follow. Our room was changed so we could sleep properly (larger bed) and the eight breakfasts were not added to our bill.
Would we use this hotel chain again? Well, I doubt it in a group of eight however perhaps if just two of us.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Malmaison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Hotel Belfast