“LOVELY !!!! :-D” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Malmaison

Save Saved
You added Malmaison to your Saves list
Malmaison
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 - 38 Victoria St, Belfast BT1 3GH, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“LOVELY !!!! :-D”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for 1 night, rooms spacious and modern, staff friendly... mini bar in room is great all though abit pricy... restraunt is amazing but again expensive,,, 2x steak and chips 2x dessert and 1 bottle of wine... £120.... nice bar area... breakfast is great,good choice of cooked & continental... good location in belfast... wouldnt park in the multi story again £18 overnight.... overall great stay and would return :)

choccies and card in room was a nice touch on arrival :)

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room - :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Top perk of this hotel was that breakfast was served until 12pm. I got to have a lie-in, then spruce myself up, before making my way to breakfast feeling energised at 11.30am.

The staff were very friendly, and were more than happy to book my dinner in another hotel.

It is quite a dark hotel in the sense of dark colours and plush fabrics being used in the decor, although the breakfast area is lovely and bright with a 'nautical vibe.'

It is very well located - a quick hop across the road will bring you to some nice restaurants and bars. A walk in the other direction will bring you to what I thought was a highlight of Belfast - George's Street Market. You can also do a walk along the river to one of Belfast's newest attractions - the Titanic building.

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did not stay in the hotel but we had lunch here which was a two course for 13.95. Starters were huge. I had prawn cocktail and hubbie had soup. The main course was roast beef and trimmings and roast chicken the vegetables where delicious. Lovely décor. luxurious settees quite dark in bar. We went to the restaurant for the meal which was bright and cheery. Staff very attentive and friendly. One of the better meals in Belfast we've had. i think they need to put a sign outside to draw attention to meal offers as this place could go unnoticed. I would certainly go back.

Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is amazing. Style and atmosphere will make anyone very special!
Rooms kept in dark grey, black and silver climate looking very luxurious.
After crazy night is really worth to get up for delicious breakfast with great selection of food.

• Stayed November 2011
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

First may I say that this had nothing to do with the management of the hotel and everything to do with other guests. The room above me had a creaking floor and was occupied by a couple of stampers. How anyone can walk so much in a hotel room with such a stomping gait is beyond me but the noise went on, backwards and forwards, until 11-30pm and suddenly stopped. I used this to advantage and got straight to sleep but at 4am banging and stamping noise from above suddenly awoke me and the stamping recommenced, back and forth. I phoned reception and asked them to request the occupiers to be reasonable and the night manager did attend. But at
4-30am this was replaced by rhythmic "too and fro" creaking of great enthusiasm. That was it. I phoned reception for the second time and asked to be moved. They very kindly accommodated me and by 5-30am I was back to sleep in another room. As this was a business trip sleep was then short for only two hours and then up with the alarm. The night manager told me the occupiers in the room above had been out to a night club. Belfast on a wet and cold Wednesday night must be quite some place!

Room Tip: ask for a top floor room at the back of the hotel. There is quite a bit of road noise at the front a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here before in May 2010, and was keen to go back as I had a lovely experience. This time we stayed on 10 October 2012 as a suprise brithday present for my boyfriend.

I would really like to commend the staff at reception. I had booked through an external company (which I will not be doing again), and there was a mix up with the booking. However the staff were very helpful and quickly sorted out the situation.

The room was gorgeous, and had all the amenities you would need. The bed was comfy and the shower was hot, which is perfect after a day spent wandering round Belfast.

We ordered a bottle of wine from room service and this was brought up quickly, with a cooler and they made sure we had everything we needed before leaving. We even availed ourselves of the very well stocked mini-bar.

There really was everything you should need in the room, safe, iron and board, toiletries, even a lovely selection of eye creams, lip balm and energy patches, as well as different types of complimentary teas and coffees.

We included breakfast in our package, and the only thing I would say is that the price is perhaps on the high side for what you receive. A continental is £12.95 and hot breakfast is £14.95. If a continental breakfast hadn't been included in our breakfast, we probably wouldn't have gone for it. However, since we did, there really were a lot of options, all fresh and delicious, and I enjoyed every bite.

I will definitely stay here again in the future, and would recommend it to anyone.

derry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed in most other hotels in Belfast City Centre and was looking forward to staying in Malmaison. I would have to say that Malmaison certainly ticks the box for good location being located just across from Victoria Square and very close proximity to the Cathedral Quarter but unfortunately in terms of the other elements of the stay such as the room it falls well below the experience I have had in other Belfast hotels.

We were staying for one night for a wedding anniversary - on a positive note they had placed a card and some homemade chocolates in the room which was a nice touch. My main grievance was the bed - it was extremely hard and so uncomfortable resulting in a very poor nights sleep. Also the room was uncomfortably warm and stuffy with no air conditioning other than a temperature control button which did not appear to make any difference (we later found a fan in the wardrobe which only circulates the warm air).

I found the overall experience disappointing and upon check out was not asked if we enjoyed our stay. Although the location is good I would not stay in this hotel again - from experience there are much better options around the city centre including 3 star hotels which deliver a much better experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Malmaison? Share your experiences!