“Comfortable Stayin Belfast Radisson Blu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Gasworks, 3 Cromac Place, Ormeau Road, Belfast BT7 2JB, Northern Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Limerick, Ireland
“Comfortable Stayin Belfast Radisson Blu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a single night and I found it perfectly comfortable. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. I'm didn't like the decor in the room and the hotel itself lacks a little character.

Positives:
Very clean and well kept.
Great breakfast selection.
Short walk to shops and restaurants.
Close to Belfast central train station (walkable distance).

Negatives:
Lacks character but this is something many of the modern hotels lack.
No onsite fitness center or swimming pool. You have to leave the hotel to access it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your time and posting the review - I'm glad you found our hotel to be a nice base for you when staying in Belfast. I'm sorry we don't have a swimming pool & gym on site, but hope that our partner fitness LA - just short walk from the hotel, can compensate this by the range of facilities they offer to our guest either at discounted rate, or free when staying in business class rooms.
I hope to see you again soon.
Jan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived very early and although we could not get an early check in they took our luggage and then we had breakfast. They also arranged a minibus to pick us up to go on the sightseeing tour and gave me a late check out of 3pm the next day. I booked a standard room which was fantastic, great size, lovely bathroom and great view. Used room service for food again great and used the bar at night before leaving for a night out. All in all they were amazing and gave us some great tips for shopping and eating. We were also just a 7 minute walk from all the shops etc.

Room Tip: No swimming pool ticked in error
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much - we are all delighted you have had a great stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for one night as a family of 5 so booked an interconnecting room on the 4th floor. The rooms are fine - there was a stale smell in the rooms like stale smoke as a non smoker and with children I didn't really appreciate this. But needless to say the rooms were clean and beds are comfy!! Breakfast was fine with plenty to choose from but not very tasty - staff very friendly and accommodating - would probably stay there again .

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for your review - I'm glad you found our hotel comfortable and enjoyed your family stay. I'm really sorry for the smell of smoke - our hotel is 100% non-smoking, unfortunately we have some "offenders" time to time, which I feel is very unfair to the future guests and the hotel and of course we always deep clean the rooms, if something like this happens. This doesn't happen very often to be fair and coments of this nature are very rare, hopefully all will be perfect next time you stay with us.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After an unfortunate incident involving bed-bugs at a rival hotel nearby, I relocated to the Radisson Blu.

Suffice to say the moment i arrived at midnight the staff were quick to both give me an upgrade and throw in breakfast free of charge due to the unpleasant nature in which I had to relocate. They were incredibly courteous, kind and professional, and whilst the hotel probably isn't the most glamorous hotel you'll ever see, it IS sheek, modern and slick inside.

The business room i stayed in was vast with a beautiful balcony overlooking the canal feature outside. It was exceptionally clean with all the modcons thrown in.

Breakfast in the morning was great and plentiful, and the dining area was once again bright and pleasant, though they did do the cardinal sin of blocking off the majority of the dining area to "Set up for lunch" which, at breakfast, I don't think is super awesome.

Again, a lovely hotel well situated with great facilities and if you stay in a business room, a little tip of luxury.

Room Tip: For a guaranteed big room with a balcony, go for the business rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I'm really glad we have fixed your stay in Belfast. Thank you very much for posting your review.
See you again soon,
surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The room was quirky the bed was set at a angle to the room due to the small size of the room. Nicely furnished with all necessary amenities. Clean bath room and nice toiletries. Okay for a short stay but due to small room would not stay longer. Loved the free Internet access. All in all a nice hotel. 10 minutes walk to the town centre. My room overlooked what looked like an ornamental pond which was very quite dirty which was a shame.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad you have liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry the water feature in front of the hotel seemed to be dirty during your stay. It is being cleaned regularly by the service company looking after the grounds, but unfortunately due to it's location and size the wind brings leaves and other stuff into the water, but most of the times it's clean..
Best wishes,
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast for one night. I rang the day before to see if we could check in early on our day of arrival and they very kindly organized this for us.
Check in and out was very quick and easy. The Hotel was extremley clean and the rooms were beautiful. Spacious, clean, bright with all the mod cons. Tea/coffee, mini bar, iron, safe, tv etc... Bath and shower which I always like. Beds were comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bar area is small but seats are comfortable and they have a good selection of drinks including cocktails. Our breakfast was extra, £16.95 for a cooked breakfast each which I though was robbery! They had a good selection and everything was fresh. But it was crazy expensive! This was the only thing I was not happy about. Apart from that we loved the hotel. Its alittle walk into the shopping area, maybe 10/15 minutes but it was ok when it was dry. We got a taxi to the Odyssey on the Saturday night which cost £4 which was reasonable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review - I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We have a range of packges available on our website - many of them inclusive of our supper buffet breakfast. I'm sorry you felt the breakfast is overpriced - it is a really good selection of cold and hot items, coffees and teas - so the price is reflection of that. I still hope it was a great way to start your day in Belfast.
Best wishes,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed a couple of times in recent weeks, and the hotel is as good as expected from the Radisson range - really good rooms and food, great service, free wi-fi, and a good location for a short walk into the heart of the city. Price is also relatively good compared to other Radisson hotels, so will probably continue to use as long as the price remains competitive!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fantastic review - thank you very much. I'm glad you have been enjoying your stays with us and hope to see you again soon.
Jan
PS: I'm sure you have done it already - but if you are a frequent guest of ours, please do not forget to sign up for our Club Carlson loyalty programme to get the most of your stays.