“A new experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“A new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I visited slims with 7 friends whilst visiting Belfast. The idea is fantastic and the food to match. Id personally prefer a larger variety of drinks but the shakes and juices were nice all the same.
We only had a little issue wherby our order was confused however this was simply retified. Overall it was nice to go somewhere totally different

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Three of us had lunch in SHK. It was very good and well worth the 15 minute wait for a table, but it was Saturday lunchtime so no complaints. I had the Thai Green Curry with prawns, which was good. My wife had the chicken teriyaki and the best sweet potato chips. Our chum had the chicken burger on flatbread, again a good result. Afterwards we had excellent coffee and carrot cake. We were asked if we wanted a 'top up' for our coffee, which my wife accepted. I was a tad surprised to find it reflected on the bill as another Americano coffee! I tried the peanut butter frozen yogurt and found it bland and a bit gritty. The tiny shot of strawberry sorbet was proper lush, as Tom Kerridge would say. All in all a nice cafe, which we will return to.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

There was nothing wrong with our meal at slims. It was dinner time and we were hungry-ish, and there was a variety of meat and fish. But... It was EXACTLY the sort of meal I would make at home (if I was feeling particularly lazy!) Yes, there is nothing to actually complain about a grilled chicken breast on a piece of nice bread - it was absolutely fine. But that was it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Would like to see more of it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Who can be bothered cooking every night?

Sometime you want to go out and not feel like rubbish after.

Not painfully healthy to have chicken and chips but the best version of iris always a winner.

The staff seemed to be lovely as well

Keep it up :-)

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moira, United Kingdom
“Excellent early evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I popped into SHK after work intrigued after everyone talking about it, and I wasn't disappointed by the meal I had.

The superfood salad was delicious and the chargrilled chicken was great. It didn't look like much on the plate but it left me satisfied without being 'over-full'. Will definitely return.