“Sunday Tea with Children” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Antrim
“Sunday Tea with Children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Living Social Deal:
Food: fresh ingredients and tasted lovely. Generous portion sizes. Arrived quickly and hot food. Leftovers boxed up to take home.
Service: friendly staff and attentive. Quick to serve us and ask if happy with food.
Environment: we were first to arrive in the restaurant @ 5:30 on a Sunday evening. Restaurant was cold however staff turned air conditioning off and turned heating on upon request. Other diners did arrive during our stay and this did help atomosphere. Restaurant clean. Lacks some character, perhaps candles, table cloths, different lighting, more outside views would help improve.

Belfast
“Beats every other Italian and/or Pizzeria in Belfast hands down! With the nicest chef and staff too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is the third time my husband and I have enjoyed a beautiful Italian meal at Giacomo's...the first two on a treat ticket the third time it was menu prices which are reasonable and worth every penny as the food in the best. The chef's risotto I simply love, it's perfectly cooked and always tastes delicious. The spicy chicken and bacon Tagliatelle, Caesar salad, crispy garlic bread, any pizza I have had has been another delight. The chef and staff are brilliant, the chef will come out and ask if everything is to your liking and the staff couldn't do enough for you and are no in your face either. It really is the best and I will be recommend ding it to everyone who,like good food and a great atmosphere! Thanks to all the team at Giacomo's and see you again soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Say no to coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Beautiful starters of risotto and chicken Caesar salad. Tasty fries. Lovely lasagne. House wine slightly over priced but nothing unusual in that. Chef's visit to table much appreciated...good to give him positive feedback. However, he invited us to have coffee and when we declined he returned to insist, so we stayed, only to find, when the bill arrived, that the coffee was not complimentary. I was brought an espresso, without being asked what I wanted and as I don't drink espresso, we ended up paying for coffee that we did not really want...bit of an odd trick and a disappointing end to the night!
It might also be useful for the waiting staff to have a little taste of the food to be able to advise customers....maybe our waiter was new to his post..although he was polite, he really was not able to advise us on much.

Visited August 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ron W 'Top meal'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I went for an evening meal as a gift given to us for our 40th Wedding Anniversary.
We had never heard of this restaurant but hey what a lovely surprise.
We received a warm welcome and were attended too by the waiting staff.
We had 2 courses the starters we both chose a chicken caeser salad which was a true delight and was much larger than expected with more than adequate chicken and bacon. As a main I had a chicken and bacon pasta dish which was just fab with great flavours and consistency. My wife opted for a folded pizza which was larger than she expected and served with a salad. Great textures and flavours.
This place is certainly worth a visit and very good value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Wicked Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner on my birthday and were pleasantly surprised! All I had wanted was to get some pizza, since I hadn't had good pizza in a while, and we got that and more. I just got the margarita pizza, and my boyfriend got spinach and ricotta tortellini which he was excited to find also had chicken on it. My pizza was amazing, very cheesy and not too greasy, and he said his chicken was "melt in my mouth good" and was very sad when he had finished he had enjoyed it so much. We got french fries as well, and they were perfectly salted. It's a bit disorienting as an American to hear them called "fries" again after hearing "chips" the whole trip, but they were amazing. We had planned to get cheesecake as well, but were actually more full than expected and had to pass on it, but are thinking we may go back before we leave Belfast to try that (and get more fries!) The service was fantastic, and the owner actually lived in the Boston area for a while! It was wonderful to be able to talk to him about home, so Bostoners be sure to stop if you can.

tl;dr - Great food, great service, great people, great atmosphere, reasonably priced. Pay it a visit, you won't regret it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere