“Soo good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 783 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: We at the Knife and Fork are proud to serve locally sourced produce because we are passionate about putting the best possible food under your knife and fork. We take reservations, our chefs table must be booked in advance due to demand. We have private dining facilities for parties of 15 and under. Please feel free to visit our website for further information.
Belfast
“Soo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have eaten a few times here, took the family here for a graduation meal too. I like to start with the hot and spicy wings which are amazing! in the past i have had the beefy burger which is massive and really tasty! i have had the pulled pork sandwich which is so juicy and full of flavour! there is a couple of cocktails of the menu that are really good too! the raspberry collins being my favourite! All in all really good food and service!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lisburn
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Booked a meal using Treat Ticket(1st time we have used treat ticket) so didn't know what to expect. Seven of us arrived at 6.10pm on a Sunday night, the restaurant didn't seem too busy. We had 3 treat tickets for steak and chips plus a bottle of wine that did 6 people.

We placed our order to include a 7th steak of the La a carte menu. The soft drinks came quickly but it was down hill from there. After asking twice about the wine it eventually arrived at the same time as the meal around 7.05pm. The Steaks were OK and the chips were the best I have tasted in a long time. It's the 1st place we have been where you don't have a bit of salad or veg with the meal. The verdict was not big portions but the food was above average.

We ordered from the dessert menu only to find there was a few items they didn't have including chocolate fudge cake. We ordered ice cream only to find out there was no honeycomb which was replaced with another flavour. 3 hot chocolates had to be sent back as they weren't warm.

When the bill arrived the 3 bottles of wine were on the bill which were taken off straight away.

All in all food was OK but the service was below average

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Fabulous day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited with our family to celebrate our daughters christening. The service, staff and food were brilliant. Nothing was too much bother and they were very accommodating and understanding to our needs. Myself and my daughter are dairy free and there was also a coeliac in our group who were all catered for!

guesteur, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi brian!
I'm so glad we were able to cater for your every need for your christening party. We always strive to give our guests exactly what they expect and it seems on this occasion we have succeeded. Bear us in mind for your next event or meal, we would love to see you again!

Jamie, restaurant manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
“poor meal and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my partner had a Treat ticket for a Rib Eye Steak with Chips and a bottle of wine for £29. The service at the start was ok. My starter, which wasn't included was very salty. I preferred my partners starter of Mushrooms on Bruschetta bread. The Steaks in both cases, were very small and full of fat and Gristle. A man beside us not on a voucher, had the Steak and it was half as big again as the Steaks we got.

When the bill came there was a pint of Lager on it, a bottle of different wine and we had been charged for the meals (which had already been paid for). It came to around £40. When we complained, the waiter said sorry it was the wrong table. We got the correct bill, which was around £20. We were very disappointed by the service and the quality of the meal.

Needless to say we wont be back to the Hotel.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hi Mervyn thank you for taking the time to review the knife and fork grill and deli. I am extremely disappointed to hear that you and your partner did not have an exceptional experience on February 8th.
As is stated in the majority of reviews on tripadvisor, our standards of service are generally deemed to be fantastic, excellent or other positives. I now feel I need to investigate this matter further, in order to find out the root of the problem. I am so glad conor was able to provide excellent service to you, he is a valuable member of staff.
I was also disapoointed to hear that your steak was not up to standard. The 28 day dry-aged kettyl ribeye is one of our top sellers and we regularly get compliments so again I will investigate this matter further.
I would like for you to contact me directly to discuss this matter further as we do not accept poor standards and will do everything possible to form a resolution acceptable to you.
My direct email is restaurant@knifeandfork.co.uk
Alternatively contact the hotel on 02890388000 and ask to be transferred to jamie. Thank you.
fransmyth
“Fantastic food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked a table for 8 on Saturday 1st of Feb. When we arrived the restaurant was packed, which is always a good sign. We were shown to our table at the window, which was lovely. The decor is very modern. The menu had great choices that suited all our party. I went for cream of broccoli soup with wheaten bread and it was lovely. For my main I had delicious corn fed chicken with pea purée and fondant potato. This was delicious. The chicken was very succulent. The only thing I would say is that a side order is definitely needed with this meal. We ordered cocktails which were made by Conor and they were lovely. One of the party ordered a cocktail that wasn't on the menu however he made it anyway and very well too. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I found the service to be slightly slow however as I stated above the restaurant was very busy. Top class food and service. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you fransmyth for your very kind words in this review! I'm glad we were able to make the hen party that You were in for a great success! We pride ourselves on high quality standards of both food and service and its great to hear we are achieving that! Thanks for the special mention for connor, I will be delighted to pass that on to him. We look forward to your next visit!