“Fabulous feed!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fabulous feed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a fabulous meal. This was our second time to the bistro; first time we were unsure but this time was just amazing. I had the chicken liver parfait to start and my husband the oxtail ravioli, both were delicious. We both went for the same main, the chilli chicken special. This was really tasty, perfectly seasoned and spicy with a gorgeous curry slaw and the best chips in belfast! We had an Eton mess to share for dessert which was divine. I will definitely be back!

belfast
“Disappointing, overpriced, pretentious menu and a rude owner.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

A group of four 'girls' ate here on Friday night. We had booked and were greeted by the owner and given our choice of tables. Great start. The menu was very 'fancy/pretentious' and we had trouble getting four that we liked....we chose scampi to share and the pate. The 'toast' was soggy and unappetising but the scampi and the beetroot slaw were pleasant to the palate. I ordered t-bone steak, something I haven't eaten in Years...it was supposed to be medium rare but was actually 'blue' and disgustingly fatty. The proprietor did enquire if all was well and did offer to replace my meal but when I'm half way through the meal and so are my friends I'm not interested! One of the other ladies really enjoyed the flavours of her trio of pork but it was only just warm. Again she was asked if she required it heated up. She declined! We didn't have desserts. One of us did have coffee. At the end of the evening one on my friends ( who is quite deaf and talks loudly) remarked they ' we'll stick with our choice of local Indian restaurants in future' to which the owner responded from the top of the room ' good idea'! This was quite unnecessary and we did challenge him about it. He correctly pointed out that with regard to the food, he had offered to replace/ reheat food..I did enquire if it might had been a good idea to offer us all coffee on the house to which he had a little rant. The restaurant was quite empty for a Friday night and with hindsight we can understand why! None of us will return and so far I've spread the news among many friends! Oh and finally...SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED!! Only wish I had taken a picture of my 'steak'...

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
northern ireland
“Favourite restaurant in Belfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I keep going back time and again to this bistro. Staff are friendly and the good has always been excellent and great value for money!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast
“Give the burger a go - you wont be dissappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The food was all freshly made and delicious.
Even the soup (tomato and basil) was made freshly while we were there. My granddaughter loved it - the soup bowl was sent back gleaming - she literally licked the plate clean !
The man who served us (I assume owner/manager) was great - friendly and happy to help.
We`ll be back soon.

Visited May 2014
“5 star quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Husband & I tried this place for the first time last weekend. Food is amazing, it's deff five star quality, as good as what we have had at The Plough Hillsborough. Taste & presentation was amazing too. I had vegetable tempura & IMHO it's better than the veg tempura in Sakura. Only downside if I could find any is that they have a corkage charge, it's not much though, will be back! :D

Visited May 2014