“Yummy yummy yummy!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 783 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Slow & Smokey American style BBQ pop up restaurant located on Callender Street, Belfast.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Yummy yummy yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped here by chance today with 2 adults and 2 kids.
Judging by the queue to get in this is a very popular spot for locals.
Had the pulled pork platter with 2 sides which included pulled pork, coleslaw, corn bread and picked cucumber. We added fries and macaroni cheese.
We shared this platter between 2 adults.
Kids had fries.
It was served in record time and it was delicious.
All obviously homemade and the tastes were heavenly.
Food hot and the place was spotless despite being very busy.
Great atmosphere too.
Can't wait to go back and will try the burnt ends side dish too as this is my favourite part of the meat!!!
Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Quick tasty lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have heard a lot about this pop up restaurant and was looking forward to trying it. It has a real American feel to it and reminded me of Man v food. Food is a little pricey and side orders are tiny but it was served fast, in a unique manner and it was lovely. Staff were friendly, service was fast and the atmosphere laid back. I'll be back to try the brisket.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Limavady, United Kingdom
“Just not for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

There have been many rave reveiws here and some damming ones bit basicly this place suit some folk more than others. I found it loud and felt compeled to rush the food down although I must say that the staff were pleasant. Another wee note they only take cash so make sure you have some available before you have placed your order, there is a small note on the window but it is easily missed.
I cannot say I did not like the food but I will not be rushing back either

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Londonderry
“A bit too dear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

They take cash only so perhaps when you have to fork out the real stuff and not plastic it concentrates the mind. The food was reasonably good and the portions of meat were generous. We had brisket platter and pulled pork platter which came with coleslaw which was lovely and corn bread which was also good. The sides were fries - cold and tasteless, mac and cheese, not to my liking, creamed spinach and baked beans which I ordered through greed and took a spoonful of each. My problem, not theirs. The service was good and the staff were pleasant and efficient but I have had better food for less money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belfast
“Good lunch option.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bubba Que serves American barbecue food - brisket, pulled pork and spicy sausage (I think you can get chicken if you go for a platter). It's not the cheapest (about eight quid for a main and a soft drink) but is very nice and seems popular for lunch. My pork could perhaps have been warmer but was very tasty and came in a large burger bun with coleslaw and a slightly incongruous (but lovely) gherkin on the side. You get a choice of sides and I had creamed spinach (great stuff). My friend had brisket, and fries as his side - he was very impressed. For drinks we had home made lemonade which came in jam jars (with handles). Food is served in deep metal trays, and bluegrass plays in the background. Okay, so a bit hipsterish, and you can do cheaper for lunch, but I would come back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere