“Great choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Square

You added Ten Square to your Saves list
Ten Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Donegal Square South, Belfast BT1 5JD, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Great choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

There are a lot of positives here and just a few negatives. First the positives. The location is very good. Belfast is sprawling and Ten Square is situated within walking distance of some of the more picturesque and architecturally significant areas and buildings. It is not within walking distance, or at least my comfortable distance, to the Titanic Quarter which is a must-see, but all in all, a great location. The welcome is warm, sparkling you might say as they give you a complimentary glass of rose when you arrive. The bar is large, fun and loud with discreet media which is good for conversation but not so good if you are a World Cup fanatic. The food was very good, particularly the skinny fries! And breakfast was great - lots of choices including cold and hot offerings.
The rooms are quite large, very nicely appointed, and very comfortable with beautiful bathrooms. There will be chocolates waiting for you! The staff is very helpful and accommodating.. which leads me to the negative. Ten Square is not air conditioned. Many would not find that a drawback, but we were a bit warm on a few overly warm days which made sleeping a little difficult. Housekeeping was immediately responsive, however, with fans... lots of fans. They didn't blink an eye when I asked for multiples, and even offered a free standing floor AC unit if I was still hot. A strange contraption which my cousins opted for which sent a hose out the window.. odd, but it made their stay more comfortable.
All in all, I would stay here again for all the positives and just deal with the weather as it comes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have been to Belfast twice before over the past two decades, but this is the first time we stayed in the city center. I am so glad we chose Ten Square, from the moment we entered we felt welcomed. The hotel is the perfect location for all the main attractions and within easy walking distance of wonderful restaurants and shopping. We were upgraded to a Fabulous room and it was indeed "fabulous" with interesting artwork, a relaxing sitting area, and lovely views of City Hall. Staff could not have been more helpful - they booked a Black Taxi tour for us, arranged for water to be brought to our room (and this after just a simple inquiry at the front desk), recommended a shop for purchase of wine and whiskey and were just generally very warm and welcoming. We did not eat in the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was lovely with eggs and smoked salmon served at the perfect temperature. I do not understand the comments about city noise - as anyone who stays in a city center should understand that there is bound to be some noise vs. a stay in a quiet country village. We had no issues with noise as it was not above and beyond the usual comings and goings of a bustling city. In addition I would not expect a hotel in Northern Ireland to have air conditioning - I cannot imagine it ever being stuffy - having the windows open was refreshing. We were so happy to stay in this glorious rejuvenated city and the evidence of pride was palpable with the staff. We will certainly return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed only one night on a business trip, but it was a really comfortable friendly place. It is a great location, within easy reach to stroll round the city. This was great when I was only there for a short time. Room was comfortable and clean.

Receptionist was really friendly and helpful, as were the restaurant staff. It is advisable to book for the restaurant, as it got busy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I took a friend out for Afternoon Tea as a Birthday treat to Ten Square. The food, service and of course the Cocktails were exceptional. Very good value. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would not hesitate in recommending this - I certainly will be back!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked into Ten Square for 3 nights with the NI Experience package, I would highly recommend it. Every single member of staff that we encountered was friendly, helpful and genuinely invested in us having a great time in Belfast. Our room was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean, our food (both breakfast and dinner) was lovely and the location is fantastic, 10 minutes walk to the Titanic Quarter, about 5 minutes to Victoria Square and just behind City Hall. We would definitely recommend Ten Square and we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm so glad we chose to stay at this hotel! After my experience of driving from Dublin to Belfast (first time on the left!), I was ready to park the car! There was parking behind the hotel (it was a bit tricky to find - it is a locked lot that you need an employee to open for you). Once we parked, it was easy to get our luggage inside.

When we checked in, I mentioned that we wanted to do a Black Cab Tour. Instead of Paddy Campbell's, the receptionist recommended a Belfast native they work with (Jim) that gives tours. Unlike many of the drivers for large tour companies (younger and not necessarily natives of Belfast), Jim knew the story of the Troubles because he lived it first-hand. This was a highlight of our visit in Belfast and I'm so glad the hotel helped arrange it.

The room was large, clean and the bathroom was beautiful! Great toiletries in the bathroom and complimentary truffles waiting for us in the room.

Room Tip: Parking is right by the hotel, but you need someone to unlock the garage for you to enter/exit!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were welcomed with glass of pink champagne which was a,lovely touch room was amazing very spacious large comfy bed and very quiet room. Booked a meal in restaurant both had t-bone steak delicious, I had knickerbocker glory for desert was yummy reminded me of my childhood. Overall we had a great weekend staff very friendly and helpful especially the waitress Monika and barman Mark. Would definitely recommend to stay and great location by city hall and short walk to train station.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ten Square? Share your experiences!