“Brilliant base for a weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Square

Save Saved
You added Ten Square to your Saves list
Ten Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Donegal Square South, Belfast BT1 5JD, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #5 of 44 hotels in Belfast
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Brilliant base for a weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked and stayed in this hotel for my wifes birthday. The hotel itself is in a brilliant location and the cost of the rooms were reasonable. On arriving at the hotel, the staff were extremely freindly and after allowing us to check in early, due to our flight arrival time were able to offer us an upgrade.
The room itself was really nice and very modern and gave all the signs of a plush boutique hotel. The hotel lobby and bar are also very stylish has a warm and welcoming atmousphere. Our stay was enhanced by a couple of the staff recomending a well known seafood restaurant and in general being very helpul with information about the local area and attractions.
Belfast itself on a weekend is very busy and this is reflected within the bar downstairs. Before travelling to Belfast, we looked at reviews and there was an echo of the same reports from every hotel, that the bars at the hotels were very noisy. Although this was not the case at this hotel, the bar is busy over the weekend and can be heard from the rooms. This is not a critisism, simply something to be aware of on a weekend if looking for a quiet location.

We would and will be staying here again at some stage. Leanne is an asset to the hotel, she helped make our stay very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well, my stay was absolutely beautiful. The hotel was full of character and the room(34) was out of this world, had the 'wow' factor. Staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble both from checking in to checking out. The only down side was I had only 1 night. Thank you to all staff concerned. Did not have an evening meal, but the breakfast was very very good.

Room Tip: All are of the same excellent quality, I think. 4 of us all in separate rooms felt the same. We were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked a pre theatre dinner at the Grill in Ten Square - wow what a fabulous place, food was excellent, ambience was superb, service was first class. We really enjoyed our whole dinning experience at Ten Square and it set us up for a wonderful evening. Central to everywhere in Belfast all within walking distance. We will definately go back to this place for food, drink and perhaps stay also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked the hotel for a very short business trip in Belfast. Couldn't be bothered by the "usual suspect" brands and decided to try the Ten Square as it was central and boutique.

The building has character and syle. Reception was welcoming, efficient and couldn't do enough for me. I was upgraded, no idea why, to a large double with high cellings, shutters and a fantastic bathroom. The bed was really comfortable and, first time I've ever commented on this, the carpets were less like a hotel and more like a home.

Downside, the minibar is minimalist and checking out took forever.

The parts of the hotel I walked through but didn't have time to try out (bar & restaurant) were buzzing and looked like a great place to spend some time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently the staff food and room were outstanding would highly recommend this hotel. Situated in a great central area close to all venues and shopping a must try To anyone wanting a great home from home

• Stayed November 2012
Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed at Ten Square with my husband for a romantic night away, with friends going to the theatre and most recently for my sister's hen weekend. All have been first class. As chief organiser of the han party, I spent much quality time emailing Janis, trying to sort out 25 people. She answered every (and there were many) query with patience and the attitude that nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel itself is gorgeous - modern yet cosy - something which I personally love, but is very difficult to find. The beds are huge and very comfy - feather pillows and duvets are the norm, however I am allergic and there was no problem in getting both changed. The bar is buzzing and the restaurant delicious. Food was something I was concerned about, thinking that a dinner for 25 hens could be somewhat thrown together. This was not the case, every detail was perfect, along with the cocktail masterclass we enjoyed beforehand.

The staff are simply wonderful. The bar manager encouraged us to take a tour of the nearby bars assuring us that our table (for 25 remember!) would be there for us should we choose to return. There was no sense of snobbery towards such a large and sometimes loud party - in fact we were told, "you are our guests, we are here to accommodate you!" There was a great cheesy disco on the Saturday night, something hard to come by in Belfast where bars are often very concerned with being 'cool'.

It was truly a wonderful weekend, I would reccommend this hotel for friends, parties,or couples. In fact, I am returning with my husband in the new year!!

Room Tip: Don't pay for an excutive room, they are just bigger, but no different otherwise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had booked into this very centrally placed hotel for a one night stay visiting my son. Having missed my early flight from Bristol I arrived tired and grumpy at Ten Square just before 1 pm. Although the check in time was 3 pm my room was ready and waiting for me to flop exhausted onto the extremely comfortable bed. The room was well appointed with everything one would want for a stay. The linen on the bed was especially luxurious and there were plenty of pillows. Room service was prompt and efficient - the only negative being that my dirty crockery was left there for my entire stay. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Super breakfast too with proper orange juice - something sadly lacking in the hotels I stayed in during my Spanish holiday. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ten Square? Share your experiences!